rowley

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
London, UK
LOL.
Only a kid would have the comical nouse to change the username of the iphone, so that Siri would tell people to ****.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
The Siri system addresses the phone's user by name – using information entered in its contact system.
But someone had entered the obscene seven-word phrase as the user's name, so the phone blurted it out when it answered a question.
Tesco said: "We have launched an investigation. The handset will be going back to Apple for diagnostic tests."

Really, Tesco? Somebody messes with the settings and you have to send the phone back to Apple to find out what happened?

How about they just go into settings and set an "explicit language" restriction?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Poor kid.

And by that, I mean 'poor kid has that woman for a mother.'

If this happened to my kid you'd never read about it in a newspaper because I'd be laughing too hard to call and tell them about it.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Poor kid.

If this happened to my kid you'd never read about it in a newspaper because I'd be laughing too hard to call and tell them about it.

Scarred for life, he is. :rolleyes:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
This Is The Inevitable Result

Of technology being ALLOWED to be mis-used. As posted above, I feel sorry for the child. We can all make our computers swear etc. And to a child of 12 I guess that's appealing.

Siri after all, is just a big database with a good SRS. It will perform many tricks....It's a shame that the parent didn't set restrictions as posted above.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Poor kid.

Same! Then again, my son turns 17 soon, he'd probably be the one making the phone do it!! LOL

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I'll love to be in the Apple office that receives the phone with the details of what happened, laughs all round?

..until you get several "news sources" and television stations making a huge stink about it, with tag lines like "COULD YOUR IPHONE BE BULLYING YOUR CHILD????" And some politician trying to make a name for themselves sees this and decides to open an inquiry.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Funny story. Love it. Equally how stupid does this make tesco look. If I was apple id insist they send one person from each tesco store to apple head quarters at tescos expense to be trained in how to use an iPhone and other iproducts else they can't stock them.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
hilarious the mother should of been thrown out for being a ****... thats probably the best thing thats happend to that little boy, shame on the mum for reporting this to the media, seems like another money grabbing starlight hogging chav to me.. and whats her son doing on his own anyway looking and touching things he cant afford?!! another parent who cannot control their child!! he should have been pushing the trolley!!

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Did you notice how the article says Siri just told him to f off etc

Thing is Siri doesn't just say that even if thats how you put your contact in. Siri says something before she says your name/contact. Like sorry I don't understand (insert name). The article makes it out like Siri just said f off.
Doesn't though. Article Must be written by an android user.

They probably put - now f off you t***
Which makes more sense and sounds even funnier.

I hope apple dont bow to pressure and cripple our phones just because parents can't keep their children under control.

fingers crossed apple make them look stupid with their reply.

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
Children should not have a phone in the first place. My five cents.. Maybe the kid did something to the settings, but in any cases, kids should not have a phone until they are at least 14..

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
LOL at 12 years old I was using worse language than that at school.

I bet the kid was P*****g himself laughing.

A good trick to do on a friends phone though. I will have to remember to try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.