Siri timing out or taking a long time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndpitch, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ndpitch macrumors 6502

Since receiving my iPhone 5, Siri has been snappy and fast...sometimes. At other times, it is incredibly slow (taking maybe 20 seconds or more to respond to something). At its worst, it just tells me that there's been a problem and after a minute it times out. This has been happening on 4G, LTE, and WiFi networks. Are Apple's servers just slammed, or could it be something else?

2. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I'm guessing the servers are getting hit pretty hard because everyone is testing out their new phone with Siri. Give it a couple weeks maybe?

3. ndpitch thread starter macrumors 6502

I was thinking that might be the case. Right now in the Boston area it seems as though Siri is completely down. I can't get her to do anything before it times out.

4. mediaprodguy macrumors member

i am having the same issue and my LTE download is 29 mbps.... must be apple

5. liltechdude macrumors member

Siri has been timing out or acting up ever since I got the iPhone 5 on Friday.

It's obviously a problem on Apple's end. You would think that they would add Siri capacity if the service is suffering from load issues multiple days in a row.

It doesn't seem to matter what time of day it is either. The brand new Siri experience for me has been very spotty.

6. llckll macrumors newbie

On top of all the new iPhone 5's out on the market, don't forget that Siri was also added to the new iPad as well.

Apple needs to increase their Siri servers/bandwidth ASAP.

7. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I spent some time this weekend with friends, asking Siri stupid questions and laughing at her sometimes sarcastic responses.

I bet I'm not the only one doing this on his new toy. So things are going to be slow until folks get over the new shiny and start using it mainly for important stuff.

Just give it a few days.

8. pk7 macrumors 6502

I remember when the 4S came out, Siri was extremely frustrating. Especially in the late fall and early winter, it would never work...I'd always get a "I'm sorry, but I can't take requests right now" and when it did work, it would take ages.

But by late winter/early spring, it cleared up and was fast as ever. I think it's just network congestion due to the release of the iPhone 5.

9. ndpitch thread starter macrumors 6502

Just updating. It's still spotty for me and very slow at times. Hopefully apple can get us a fix soon or increase bandwidth.

10. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

Siri is having issues with me too. I first thought it was due to the wifi issue people were having since this was at home. Away from home, where I get LTE, I still have issue. It gives me the temperature for Texas when I'm in NYC and it doesn't respond to my questions.

11. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I've just started with Siri, having the iPhone 4 until last week when my iPhone 5 was delivered. Siri is incredibly slow! Sometimes, she doesn't respond at all. I'm on wifi at the moment. Is this an Apple issue or an iOS6 issue? Or the iPhone itself? :confused:

12. iampaulb macrumors regular

this has happened to me too...i just gave up and googled what i wanted

other times its fine...

13. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I've had a couple of times where Siri has done this too. Today the most recent - it's a little irritating but I just had to Google the closest ATM's instead :p