Siri told me no because phone was locked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VydorScope, Nov 3, 2011.

1. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

Is this new behavior? in the past I have not bothered to unlock my phone to use Siri, she just worked. Then today we has multi-hour outage, and I test Siri to see if she was back up yet, and got this:

was it an upgrade?

Attached Files:

2. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

3. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Have you always had a pass code? This is normal behavior when you have a pass code. If it worked without unlocking, anyone could break into your phone...kinda defeats the purpose of having the added security

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Siri will do certain things without unlocking, but it won't do stuff that requires it to bypass your passcode and reveal personal information or give access to features within the phone.

5. TXLongHorn macrumors newbie

6. VydorScope thread starter macrumors regular

VydorScope

Not true, stuff like "Show my contact" and "text my wife" work fine (and still do). This is the first time I ever seen Siri reject anything I asked when I have the phone locked. I know I can change the setting and disable Siri when on lock screen. This though appears to be new behavior?

And to the other poster... yes the lock has always been on there, my work email exchange settings require it.