Siri Voice Commands like Wife, Brother, John...etc

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rhwd2003, Oct 10, 2011.

1. rhwd2003 macrumors newbie

For those of you on iOS 5 already how do you set your contacts to be like your wife, brother...etc and in the demo they are like remind me its dad birthdays on may 19th. Also they say like "Text John and tell him I will be late". All of my contacts are setup first name last name, so its John Doe.

2. leowyatt macrumors regular

In contacts you can set Related People and you define the relationship there :)

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

iOS 5 has nothing to do with siri, iPhone 4S does.

from the siri app on the app store its pretty simple iirc. i think all you'd have to do is say "my wife is (name)"

----------

though i think you'll need to tell siri with your voice who each person is. when i set up siri on my ip4 a long time ago, i think it asked me certain questions when setting up the app

4. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

No one has Siri yet. That is only available on the iPhone 4s. iPhone 4 with an updated iOS 5 WILL NOT get siri. You must get the new phone to use siri.

As for your other question, Siri will either ask you who someone is if you use a word like "wife" or "husband" or you can beat it to the punch and say "heather is my wife" and from there on it'll remember that.