Siri Volume Bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBookPro13", Nov 29, 2011.

1. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Hi,

Yesterday I bought the iPhone 4S (white) from Vodafone. First off, I restored the phone from my iPhone 4 back-up. Everything seemed fine until I noticed that the volume was going to the max every so often. It took me a while to find out what was causing the problem. Every time I close Siri, the volume goes up to the max for 10-15 seconds.

For example, using Siri from the lock screen, exiting it & then unlocking my phone gives a very loud noise, what should be 50% quieter. Same happens if you get a text message after you close Siri or when texting the clicks are very loud and then die down after 10 seconds or so?

I reset the phone & installed as new as opposed to restoring as I thought it might have been a mix up in the settings. That didn't fix it.

Upgraded to 5.0.1 & that didn't work either.

Do I go to Vodafone & ask for a replacement or sit tight & wait for a bug fix?

Thanks.

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. Hamiltonian macrumors member

Have you turned Siri's volume down? Click the volume buttons when Siri is active.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It's a known bug. Hopefully the next update will fix it.

5. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Does it happen with EVERY iPhone 4S or just some? If its not on every phone, I will ask for a replacement.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

As far as I know, it's on every 4S out there. Mine has been that way since day 1 and there is another thread, quite lengthy, already on this topic somewhere around here on MR.