Siri with Spite is Giving Me Cheeky, Bogus & Incorrect Answers; What Gives?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HappyDude20, Jun 1, 2012.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

After seeing what types of questions people with 4S phones ask Siri I decided to ask the same. When I asked how is the president of the United States, Siri answers that she's not into politics and asks me who it is. When I ask for the weather she simply says freezing, or cold, or warm. I ask her to send a message but get odd responses, as included in the photos.

What gives? Is it that i'm using a free proxy?

I'm really confused. Feels like I'm so close to having Siri but not quite there.

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

What proxy are you using? I know the one I use to use also had one that wasnt siri but was a google version of it.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

just a random free proxy, specifically 127.0.0.1:4443

I'm being a bit stubborn right now not paying for it cause i wanna see just indeed how much i think ill be using Siri,

4. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

ummmmm... 127.0.0.1 is the loopback address, AKA the standard way to point back to the system you're on. I'm going to call BS on this.

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

???

Well, it was obtained using some Assistant thing in Cydia. Read up on it and it said it was a Google API and wasn't true Cydia. I'm no considering buying a proxy for $20 a year.

6. Senseotech macrumors 6502a

Senseotech

Localhost means that your "siri proxy" was literally just looping back to your iPhone, meaning it wasn't doing anything at all. Hence, this is BS.

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Ohhh. Hmm. Well, the appeal for me with Siri now is a Cydia Hand Free feature that allows me to just say the word Siri whenever I wish and use it that way. This sounds truly convenient for when I'm driving or trying to set a reminder or have my hands full from across the room.

I'd love to have it on the iPad as well, but don't want to pay $20 for each device (iPhone & iPad) to have this.

I'll continue looking for free proxy servers, but may end up biting the bullet for the iPhone

8. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Give this one a try, its the one I used. They have a Google version and an Apple version, be careful which one you use. Also, YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW STEPS. THEY HAVE REGISTRATION PERIODS AT WHICH TIME YOU MUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS THEY LAY OUT TO PROPERLY ACTIVATE IT.

http://paradox-productions.net/