Siri won't find songs that are on actual phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Oct 19, 2015.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

I been asking siri to play certain songs, so i say play "song title" by "artist" and it will say can't find that song title. YEt it types it the way it is spelled on the screen.

anyone know why this is? ITs not every song, but some.

2. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

There's' a lot that Siri won't do, especially if you're used to the vast usefulness of Google Now.

I find Siri such an annoyance that the first thing I did when unboxing and setting up my new iPhone was to turn Siri off, searching everywhere in iOS to make sure I didn't miss any places that Siri might have toggles.

Despite that I still have one full wasted home page (to the left) of Siri "suggestions" and I'm not using the bloody contraption. Apple's love of gimmicks is an obsession with them.

It's like smoke and mirrors selling, they just can't give it up.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

how does this help me though...

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Be patient, I'm sure some Siri expert will come along...

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

It literally says I can't find that. So weird. I don't get it.

6. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I have had this issue as well. Sometimes, I'll say a song, and it'll start playing a remix instead of the actual song I have on my device. Even better, sometimes I'll ask Siri to play a song I have on my device, but it will go to the Apple Music streaming catalog and stream it instead. I think Siri and Apple Music integration are in dire need of a bug fix.

7. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm wondering if turning on Apple Music would help but then it will mess up my music so I may just leave it.

8. Wondercow macrumors 6502a

I've had this happen twice over the years. Try turning off Siri, reboot, and turn Siri back on.

9. vlinkz macrumors regular

I use Apple Music but I've never had a problem with telling Siri to play a certain song.

Perhaps she is just streaming it instead of playing it from the music on my device...

10. AintDutchNotMuch macrumors regular

AintDutchNotMuch

This was one of my biggest annoyances when I had the 6. I had a lot of expectations of Siri, having never used an iPhone before. It was almost always impossible to get Siri play a specific song for me. Now that I switched to the Galaxy S6, even if I whisper a song name after waking up with my sleepy head under the blanket, like say "Justin Bieber - Where are you know", it immediately starts playing that song. Same goes for Google voice searches, much faster, more consistent and listens better to what you say. Siri needs much more improvement.

11. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Tried it still doesn't find the song.
    I have Apple Music off though. Ugh does 9.1 fix this. It's only certain songs.

12. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

You're negative in literally EVERY thread you respond to. You have some negative response to everything. Why are you here if this is default state?

14. Ninerboy81 macrumors regular

Ninerboy81

This made me laugh a lot.

15. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

I use Siri to play songs all the time and it works every time. I use apple music though as I don't keep music on my device. I wonder if that makes any difference.

16. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes. I think that does help.