All Devices Siri won't play any of my music

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I don't understand why this is happening. I don't have Apple Music but do have a yearly subscription to iTunes Match. I've tried everything to get Siri to play an artist and it keeps coming back with an error. Did something happen in iOS 13 to cause this? Is there any way to fix this? Seems completely unacceptable to have such a glaring issue.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Device? Restarted? Error message? All devices?
Sorry I probably should have included more information. I actually just double checked and my iPad running iPadOS has no issues with playing "random Green Day songs" from my music.

My iPhone won't play them using the same exact phrase - siri says "I'm on it" and then says "there's something wrong. please try again" or "I'm having trouble with the connection". I can't get any artist to play.

I did restart. This issue appears to be isolated to my iPhone.

DJTJ

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
I’m having the same issue on my wife’s phone. Siri can do everything (send texts, check weather etc..) but when asked to play music all you get is ‘I’m on it - then she throws a no connection error. I’ve tried restarting. Reset network settings. Toggled Siri on and off.
Anything else or should I just bite the bullet and do a reset and restore?

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
I’m having the same issue on my wife’s phone. Siri can do everything (send texts, check weather etc..) but when asked to play music all you get is ‘I’m on it - then she throws a no connection error. I’ve tried restarting. Reset network settings. Toggled Siri on and off.
Anything else or should I just bite the bullet and do a reset and restore?
I ended up restoring from an iPad backup and it cleared it up. Looks like it was a bad backup on my end - do you have a different once you can restore from? That's the only thing I would suggest outside of waiting for an update that may fix the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.