Siri: works with in-car voice command system

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobcpa, Nov 18, 2011.

1. bobcpa macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Found that Siri works with my in-car voice command system. Some of you on this forum may have already known this. Of course, I had to manually start Siri as I do not use headphones in the car. Without taking my hands off the wheel, I was able to compose and send an email. Amazing technology!

2. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

3. greganpace macrumors regular

What about an after-market stereo in my subaru? It would be real cool if it worked. It just runs through blue-tooth, right?

4. Malakas07 macrumors member

Yes, Siri works with my aftermarket Sony unit. I don't use it very often though since it picks up a whole lot of background noise.

5. djuzi05 macrumors regular

Works beautifully in my 2011 BMW X5. Have to manually start it but sending/reading texts is a breeze. :D

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I wish I could press a button on my wheel to start using it instead.

Malakas, can you do that or do you still have to use the home button? I have a 2011 335d

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I was pleasantly surprised to find it works in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, through "uConnect". I have to start Siri with the home button, but after that it's through the Jeep's sound system. I say surprised, because the iPhone Voice Control didn't work using my 3GS - but that was pre-ios5, and perhaps that's changed.

Come to think of it, I hadn't tried the uConnect's button, I just assume it still starts the Jeeps voice recognition.

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Works great with my aftermarket JVC stereo, including activation from the stereo's remote Bluetooth button.

9. Martyrd0m macrumors regular

Martyrd0m

Works ok with in my 2011 Cadillac SRX. I just dont like having the "call ended" command everytime Siri stops speaking.