Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jakesky40, Sep 23, 2012.

1. jakesky40 macrumors newbie

Ive noticed that Siri has gotten loads better with the iphone 5. I dont know if its Ios 6 or the new 5's hardware or both but Siri is much more accurate, quicker, and I find myself using Siri a lot more then I ever did with the 4s
    Let me know what your experience is with Siri!

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I have actually always had good results with Siri. But has her voice changed? It sounds different on the 5.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Did an experiment yesterday, almost every question I asked Siri answered without issue. We were in a loud tent at Oktoberfest (not the real one of course). Anyway, I handed my phone to this girl and she repeated the same questions. Repeatedly Siri was unable to understand her. Had another person try, no issue. Her boyfriend showed up later and he tried, no issue. She tried again and again Siri couldn't understand her. She was so mad. Lol.

Anyway, it makes me wonder how Siri ticks. How the voice recognition engine works. Why is it almost impossible for Siri to understand this well spoken girl? Curious.

----------

I noticed a difference too, for the worse. :(

4. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I think there are a couple of things going on here. 1) Software - with iOS 6 they have greatly improved it for speed and accuracy. 2) LTE - it also helps Siri to go faster when it's connected to really fast high speed data

5. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

I think it's a bit premature to start singing the LTE song as far as Siri goes. Much more areas are not on LTE than are on it.