Sitting on the Fence? Jump Right Over to the Apple TV Side!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gibbz, Feb 3, 2009.

1. gibbz macrumors 68030

May 31, 2007
    I just wanted to take the time to express my excitement with my Apple TV purchase. I bought a 40GB ATV today and am streaming from my home computer with an AEBS+1TB hard drive which stores my iTunes Library.

I also installed Boxee and it has to be one of the sweetest things I have ever used. I spent tonight getting caught up on episodes of 24 via Hulu.

I was on the fence about getting the ATV, but after just a few short hours I want to tell everyone else who is on the fence to jump over to the fun side!
  2. ltsching macrumors member

Feb 7, 2008
    I am glad you made the right choice of going with the :apple:TV. A quick question regarding Boxee: how is the picture for Hulu, SD comparable? Thanks.
  3. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2005
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

It's unwatchable because it studers too much. It will say two words then freeze for two then repeat. However this varies from station. Hulu's CBS feed works fine, but FOX is a disaster for me. Not sure why the difference. For now Boxee is a novelty, not a cable replacement.