Skinned goat hung from Harry Carey statue

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Oct 5, 2007.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

OMG- this is messed up. This has been popping up on Youtube and I'm sure will hit the MSM soon. There was a mention on KISS FM this morning. Some dumbf*** fratboy idiot hung a skinned goat from the Harry Carey statue outside Wrigley in an attempt to "break the curse". For those of you who don't know- the "curse of the goat" legend has been around for as long as the Cubs have been a losing team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVocTOlIG6E&NR=1

2. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

well, it didn't work. so i guess one of two things will happen:

1. people will figure out that goats have little to no effect on the outcome of baseball games

2. people will think it didn't work because the statue gods demand fresh blood, and next year the goat carcass won't come from a butcher shop

i'm just glad the invaders who like to piss and vomit and, apparently, hang animal carcasses on statues all over my neighborhood get to go back into hibernation now. i love living in lakeview. i love baseball season. but i hate living in lakeview during baseball season.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, it wasn't a curse, it was a team that couldn't get the job done.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Which is another kind of curse. The worst kind.

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Killing a goat obviously isn't going to fix it. You have to smuggle a goat into Wrigley Field.

Or maybe get your hitters to no swing at 0-1 pitches that are 4 inches off the outside of the plate.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ewww.

I don't think this needs to be in the PRSI forum though.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

George Bush is the worst president we've ever had. We should ban religion in this country. Free healthcare, abortions and gay marriages for everyone!

Now it does :p

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Given that it could have turned into an animal rights issue, I thought I should put it here.

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Which is what I expected when I opened the thread. Can't say I'm not pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, the solution is for the Cubs to admit their wrongdoing and embrace the goat. It must be a true embrace, as the baseball gods know the difference between lip service for publicity and true conversion. And their wrath is vengeful indeed.

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ah, gotcha. I didn't think of that. Probably would have gotten more responses in the regular thread, and had it moved to that it could have been sent here, but nice of you to not make things harder for the mods, so good call I guess.

Seeing as how it was already dead (butcher shop right?) I don't think it would be a human rights issue though.