Skins VS Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Couture Wraps, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Couture Wraps macrumors newbie

Couture Wraps

Everyone has mixed feelings about skins and cases. Some believe the iPhone 4 is too nice in form to cover up with a case and some put on a case to protect it. Post your preference... don't be shy... let it all out. :D

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

And we need yet another thread to discuss this?

3. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

Antenna band skin, back skin and front skin on mine, with a case! Not letting anything damage it! Some people might consider it an overkill, but honestly, I have to keep my gadgets clean and protected. iPhones look beautiful naked, but they wont after a while. Plus I kind of like cases, it gives it a bit of personalization.

4. Couture Wraps thread starter macrumors newbie

Couture Wraps

Maybe... Why not? Only for those that are interested.

5. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

Case and skin on my ipod classic, that thing is my favorite and most used idevice so the best for my "baby".

6. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

Currently I own an iPhone 4S and I have:

-Generic case;
    -Vapor Case aluminum;
    -Incipio Edge Pro.

I only like Incipio Edge Pro. The rest is crap, heavy or just make iPhone looks ugly.

The thing is: iPhone 4(S) is really a beautiful piece of tech, but I still want it to be beautiful and useful in 2 years, at least. So, thats why I use a case.

I had an iPod Touch 4G and I dropped once. The back was ugly and there was a small scratch on the glass.

iPhone 4S is too expensive to fall and brake. I dont have enough money to buy another... A case is cheaper.

This is the Incipio Edge Pro I have (not my picture)
    [​IMG]

7. Couture Wraps thread starter macrumors newbie

Couture Wraps

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Skins all the way and TheLuckyLabs is the best

9. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

[​IMG] My case, love cases that only reveal the screen and cover both home button and camera areas. Love the feel of it too. It's like a satiny silicone/rubber and it doesn't attract dirt and debris like a lot of silicone cases.

10. Couture Wraps thread starter macrumors newbie

Couture Wraps

mmm I don't know about that. haha

11. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

I use the Speck CandyShell. It makes the phone a bit bigger but is great for protection...

Whoa! Photo was huge. Just Google it! It's a nice looking case. I have the red and black one.

12. AndyinAtl macrumors member

Gotta have a case. I work outside and have to call, use evernote and take pics even in the rain...

----------

13. Couture Wraps thread starter macrumors newbie

Couture Wraps

Like cases, but love skins. I could never get used to the bulkiness of a case. unless you work outside like AndyinAtl.

14. GreenEyed85 macrumors member

[​IMG]

Case-Mate Barely There Case. I've dropped my phone a couple of times and it's done well to protect the phone. It's pretty lightweight too. Just difficult to take off when inserting a different simcard!.

15. GregE macrumors 6502

I went with the Otterbox Defender mainly because it had the holster for it. I hated to cover up the iPhone that much since I love the design but I don't like carrying it in a pocket.

16. bruleke macrumors 6502

bruleke

Yes! You said it all ;)
    Case is essential for me, but its hard to carry the phone in my pocket =/

17. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Love my speck candyshell never thought i would drop my phone, well im glad i have the case, seeing as it is dropped out of the car quite often, and fell 10ft off my roof, and less than an hour later fell 15+ ft from a tree DX. In addition to all that, my moms was run over by a car, phone is still perfect!

18. takeshi74 macrumors 601

My feelings aren't mixed on these topics.

19. joec1101 macrumors 6502

I like both, really. I guess it depends on my mood - sometimes I like the Bumper, sometimes the Snap Case and sometimes the Candyshell. I also just picked up a new Belkin Essential 050 which is a TPU case. This one is nice as well - it's not quite as bulky as a Candyshell, but not super thin either like a Feather or Snap Case.
    :)

20. Vook macrumors member

Vook

I like the Magpul case, the incase (really thin one) and lifeproof. I have self diagnosed A.D.D. I must change the case every few days.