Skipping to next track in the middle of a song

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Julien, May 1, 2008.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

For some time my iPhone has been skipping to the next track in the middle (random time) of a song. It would do it about ever 10 to 20 songs or so. Annoying but livable. Just the other day it started skipping forward on almost every track. It also tags the song as being played (play count and date) so it's not just a simple skip to the next track event like hitting the skip forward button. It's like the whole track played through. The music goes silent and the music bar continues for about 3 seconds before it advances to the next track. I have reset and restored (latest firmware of course) but still the same problem. I plan on upgrading to the 2.0 G3 as soon as it comes out but I need my music.

2. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

that's been happening to my ipod recently. your best bet is a restore, should fix the problem. At first I thought it was a problem with the song files but when you go back to the song and start playing from where you left off it plays fine.

3. senorFunkyPants macrumors 6502

senorFunkyPants

Does it happen when you have the headphones plugged in?
    Just wondering if the headphones aren't quite seated properly the iphone might mistake a short disconnection as an instruction to skip to the next track (as if you had double clicked the mike button).
    I had the same thing happen to me today so I swizzled the headphone plug around and it was fine afterwards.

4. Julien thread starter macrumors G3

Julien

Talked with Apple tech support (restored 6 times (2 times to new phone and 4 times to my settings)) looks like a hardware problem and have an appointment with the Genus bar today.

Happens with or without headphones.