Skokie, IL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bandarbush, Jun 19, 2010.

1. bandarbush macrumors newbie

Get excited Chicago Northsiders! Time to meet up at the Skokie Apple store to pick up your pre-order or purchase your iPhone 4!!!

Apple Store Old Orchard
    4999 Old Orchard Center
    Skokie, IL‎
    (847) 679-1801‎

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

i'm going to old orchard to pick up my brother in law's iPhone 4. mine is coming in the mail. I'm debating waiting for mine to be delivered before going into old orchard to fight the crowd. at least I'll have something to do while I wait. it's reserved anyway so I don't think I'll need to show up at the crack of dawn.

3. mytran80 macrumors regular

I live in Skokie by Howard street , I'm in , from anybodies past experience how many do you think apple will stock per store? 30 iPhones? Maybe 50 ? I might make a new thread about this.....

4. tikitommy macrumors regular

Got my reservation. Will be there around 5am. Need tot get my phone early and get to work by 9am.

5. macintouch macrumors regular

Apple Old Orchard had several hundred phones the past few years. Last year I went at 4:00 pm and still got my pick of whatever I wanted. Granted the demand was way less for the 3GS, but I think they will still have a sizeable stock.

I wish I could go to Old Orchard and get my phone. I'll be at 5th Ave this year. Not complaining but hey I love home!

6. tikitommy macrumors regular

When i went for the 3G on the first saturday after launch, i was around 80th in line and the sold out around 10 people in front of me. Told us so in before the store opened.

This doesnt reflect multiple purchases or people hanging out with those purchasing. No way to know that.

7. ringonbob macrumors newbie

Old Orchard Apple Store

I have bought iPhones at this store with no reserve on each of the launch days without a problem. The staff are fantastic. The only difference with this launch is the open time being so early.

I called the store and their official line is that the Mall won't let you get in line until 6 AM... I called the Mall and the person answering the phone (kind of clueless) said it was up to Apple as to when the Mall would allow peple to get in line and then proceeded to transfer me to Apple...

I called Mall security and spoke with a director. He said that security was being handled by Apple and he didn't see a problem with anyone getting there at 5. He sounded relatively flexible on that. He suggested that I call the Apple store.

I pick this mall because it is outdoor and perhaps will allow for ealier line up access (as opposed to Northbrook Court or Woodfield)... Deer Park might be a better option. I still plan on getting there around 5. Should be fun.

Good News Everyone! New iPhone and New Futurama on the same day!

8. iMacThere4Iam macrumors regular

I've waited at the Old Orchard Apple Store for 3 iPhones, Leopard, Snow Leopard, and the iPad. Security has never told people to leave, even hours before the mall opened.

The wait is outdoors, but there's a canopy that will accommodate the first, say, 100 people in line.

See ya' all there! There's no one I'd rather be in line with than Mac people.

9. sttarwishr macrumors newbie

Anybody know if anyone has started lining up yet and if so an update as to how many?

10. Chicagogirlie macrumors member

11. garcesv macrumors newbie

yes it does open at 7. would be really interested in knowing if there is already a line there.

12. Chicagogirlie macrumors member

Thanks for the info.

So ho many of you have reservations?

13. auntMillie macrumors newbie

Did you get an email? I preordered for both me and my hubby but I never got an email. I'm not even sure which account it would be hooked up to!

Is the wait significantly shorter when you have a preorder?

14. ringonbob macrumors newbie

Probably 200 in the line at 5 AM - Old Orchard

Probably 200 in the line at 5 AM - Old Orchard

15. tikitommy macrumors regular

It's 5:26am and I'd say about 100 in the reservation line. Are you in the walk-in line? No idea how many in that one.

16. ringonbob macrumors newbie

In the walk in line... Feeling optimistic. Near theater. You?

17. sttarwishr macrumors newbie

I got here @ 330am and I a like 95th in line, near victoria's secret. T-1Hr

18. tikitommy macrumors regular

In the reservation line. About 75 in. I got here at 510 and by 545 my line had doubled.

19. ringonbob macrumors newbie

Was told they have enough phones for me, made it by 4 people, a little nervous

Was told they have enough phones for me, made it by 4 people, a little nervous

20. Chicagogirlie macrumors member

I got here around 6:30. I think/hope. I'm in the reservation line. I'm in front of Potbellys now.

21. tikitommy macrumors regular

They let in a bunch of people at the beginning plus 1 guy from walkin. I'm at potterybarn.

22. Chicagogirlie macrumors member

Nice. That is pretty close.

23. auntMillie macrumors newbie

Got here around 6:30. I'm *almost* in front of pottery barn. Gosh I hope my preorder wnt through!

24. auntMillie macrumors newbie

25. ringonbob macrumors newbie

Did they sell you one anyway? That sux! Just now infront of Victoria Secret