SKY NEWS think the mini is going to start at £200

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xSPRINTERx, Oct 15, 2012.

1. xSPRINTERx macrumors regular

2. Maxinuk macrumors member

Non Retina, 8 (8??!!) GB? £200? Not good enough. You can buy a 32GB memory stick for £8 delivered in the UK. Imagine what Apple are paying for per GB of memory from their suppliers...less than a cent per GB?

3. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

You don't get to have $100bn spare cash by pricing competatively.

4. The-Pro macrumors 65816

What makes them believe a 7.85" device will be sold for for only 30quid more than a 4" iPod touch??

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

6. 725032 Guest

200 pounds... The only currency that matters ;-)

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The 32GB iPod touch (4th gen.) costs £199 in the UK so you can compare that price in the US store.

8. Che Castro macrumors 603

The same here

9. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's $321.10 using a Pound to Dollar converter. Way too much money for 8GB. That won't fly here in the US.

10. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The UK price includes 20% VAT and import duties. If it does cost £200 here I can comfortably predict it won't cost $321 in the USA.

----------

No it doesn't. The 32GB costs $249 in the US Store.

11. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

If you buy an iPad with a lower res then the Nexus 7 and the Fire HD and with 8GB of storage for £200, more fool you! 8GB is NOTHING, once you start loading those apps up...

Anyway it's BS IMO, like the rumours about the leaked inventory pricing! NO ONE OUTSIDE OF APPLE KNOWS HOW MUCH THE IPAD MINI COSTS!

But if they sell an iPad with that lower res screen and 8GB, man it won't be worth it. For one the Fire HD can more then match the iPad in quality terms, and will have a better screen and speakers.

Apple would be heavily relying on it's name and reputation for sales rather then specs.

And as it is, it's now Tuesday and where are these supposed press invitations for the supposed press launch event for next Tuesday? So that's 7 day's and NO invitations...

12. Scott2345 macrumors regular

If no invites get sent out today, I really doubt it's gonna happen.

13. R1PPER macrumors 6502

im sure the mini will be retina...doesn't make any sense for apple to backwards on this...and contradicts there everything going retina policy.

14. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's only 6:00am in Cupertino, give them a chance to get to work. :)

15. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

a 7" for me would primarily be for reading and Comics, for those applications a retina screen is a must, I'd end up buying the refresh in a year anyhow so I would just wait, tired of buying new devices everyyear, Ill wait till it has the features I want.

16. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

haha.. no GGGRRRRR NOW I SAID NOW!!!!! haha

Yeah I know, it's 2.30PM here in the UK. I may be interested in one but it would need to have 16GB storage and a retina screen for £200, which I doubt, they could give it a dual core A5 SOC with dual core graphics? Or maybe a single core A6 with dual core graphics?
    I don't know, just can't see it being cheap or £200 at all.

17. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Apples storage capacities are from 10 years ago. They act like the price of flash hasn't changed.

That said, they use faster and more robust flash chips for internal storage than you typically find on a SD card.

18. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Yeah but it's far easier to bin a brocken flash card then a brocken tablet. Agree on Apple's flash pricing, however, they most likely pay LESS for flash then anyone else as they buy so much of it, and they just wack on the Apple tax to make $$$$$. As we all know, and pay :rolleyes: including me..