Sky recommending Mobile TV customers not to upgrade to IOS4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taffowl, Jun 22, 2010.

1. taffowl macrumors newbie

Just had the email below from Sky recommending customers of mobile TV not to upgrade to IOS4. Should they really be asking customer not to upgrade the iphone to a new version of the OS that fixes security issues.

Also surely ISO4 has been with developers long enough to be able to submit a working version ready for launch.

-----------------------
    Dear Customer,

We regret to say that Sky Mobile TV is not currently compatible with the newly released iOS 4.

We will shortly be releasing a new update to address this (version 1.3.1), but in order to enjoy the service until this time we would recommend that you do not download iOS 4 until this upgrade is available (currently being reviewed by Apple).

If you have any questions or queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch by contacting our Sky Mobile TV Support Team at mobiletv@bskyb.com.

Kind regards,
    Sky Mobile

2. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

I wrote straight back telling them not to charge me until they have got it sorted –*they warn us not to install iOS4 the day after it was released! :rolleyes:

3. taffowl thread starter macrumors newbie

Me too. Just asked for some form of compensation due to loss of service. I'm missing the Cricket god dammit! :)

4. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Take your mind off it by watching France implode against South Africa in the World Cup instead!

5. sbally macrumors newbie

But we've taken 4 wickets against the Aussies and that's on Sky! :eek:

6. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Absolutely brilliant! I love this.

7. dylanvaughan macrumors newbie

Great work from Sky had flagged this problem to them by email a week ago as the Sky Mobile TV app was not working using the iOS4 gold master, got no reply from them even though I was trying to alert them to the problem before the official release of iOS4, now that the software is out they seem to be aware of the problem, I guess no one bothered to read or even reply to my email.