Slain Dallas Cop Might’ve Been A White Supremacist: Still A Hero?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jul 14, 2016.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Karma's a bitch. If people consider BLM a hate group, then they have to consider this officer a part of a hate group as well. And he shouldn't have never been a cop. No hero at all, just a dead cop.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-benn/slain-dallas-cop-mightve_b_10953276.html

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

3. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Never said it did. But the everyone is so quick to throw the word "Hero" around. There is nothing heroic about being a racist.

4. aristobrat, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016

aristobrat macrumors G4

"Hero" is always the word "thrown around" when someone in the military/public service dies in their line of work, isn't it? I don't know many people who take the word so literally in those situations.

But what about a firefighter who's an alcoholic and beats his wife off-shift that dies after rescuing a child from a burning building?

Can people with "bad sides" still be capable of heroic actions?

From how the media portrays the Dallas Police Chief as having reformed that police department, ... firing 70 police officers for bad conduct, and reducing the number of excessive violence complaints by 90% ... I'm not sure how this dude could have been proud and "out" at work for as long as he was there. Maybe he was. Or maybe he kept these views to himself while at work. Or maybe these views weren't that important to him? I'm not sure what the hell people would make of me based on my Facebook photo uploads and likes.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yet there he was doing his job, protecting a BLM march.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

a lot of the victims of police shootings are said to be "good boys" who would never do that or where about to turn their life around , after the crime they committed, par for the course here.

7. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Agreed nothing about being a racist is heroic, but that doesn't mean he didn't act heroic during his last moments (doesn't mean he did either). Some situations it's easier to judge than others, the absence of information though makes this just a tiny footnote. Racist or not the tragedy of racist thinking is still there.

<side note> One of his 'racist' likes on FB was about Trump... Discuss. :) </side note>

8. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

And a lot of them actually are, but never given the benefit of doubt. I figure if everyone can judge the victims of police shootings based on their past and social media, then what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Exactly. If he was a white supremacist, then all this accomplished was making a martyr out of him.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Surely you have a list?

11. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

How about we start with the most recent, Philando Castile.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You DONT want to go there . The crap that gets dug up is NOT going to work in your favor. I thought he was one of the good guys

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

That's one. Mike Brown, robbery, assault on a police officer, attempting to disarm a police officer. Shot and killed while attempting to rush said police officer.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 14, 2016 ---
    I think he might be as well, I just don't want to say one way or the other before all the facts are known. You know like a rational person would.

14. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

15. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

That's all allegedly. But of course in your world, every thing a cops says is iron clad.

16. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well unless your way on the right.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you figured wrong my friend, let it go.

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

How about what the DOJ says?

19. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Show me where what you stated, is stated as fact(not hearsay) on the DOJ report? I won't hold my breath.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 14, 2016 ---
    Cause people are completely hypocritical.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you bet, I try not to put people on pedestals, uniforms are irrelevant to me.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Intellectually ignorant? Or don't know how to read big words on your own? Any way open wide here comes your spoon fed information.

Video of the robbery.

Per the DOJ report
    "According to Wilson’s statement to prosecutors and investigators, he suspected that Brown and Witness 101 were involved in the incident at Ferguson Market based on the descriptions he heard on the radio and the cigarillos in Brown’s hands. Wilson then called for backup, stating, “Put me on Canfield with two and send me another car.” Wilson backed up his SUV and parked at an angle, blocking most of both lanes of traffic, and stopping Brown and Witness 101 from walking any further. Wilson attempted to open the driver’s door of the SUV to exit his vehicle, but as he swung it open, the door came into contact with Brown’s body and either rebounded closed or Brown pushed it closed. Wilson and other witnesses stated that Brown then reached into the SUV through the open driver’s window and punched and grabbed Wilson. This is corroborated by bruising on Wilson’s jaw and scratches on his neck, the presence of Brown’s DNA on Wilson’s collar, shirt, and pants, and Wilson’s DNA on Brown’s palm. While there are other individuals who stated that Wilson reached out of the SUV and grabbed Brown by the neck, prosecutors could not credit their accounts because they were inconsistent with physical and forensic evidence, as detailed

22. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

A Confederate flag ( or TWO ), and Iron Cross, and Thor's Hammer, Oh my.

How many complains were filed against him?

How many crosses did he burn in someones front yard?

Is Google racist, because there's all sorts of racist ***** on Youtube?

Exercising freedom of speech, and of religion don't make you a racist, actions do. You tell me what racist actions this officer has taken and I'll be the first to condemn him.

23. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

you prefer dresses.

24. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

And the shooter was aware of all this and targeted him?

Or more like shooting mixed fish in a barrel and hit a carp every so often.

And all the black people shot by police have been innocent and lethal force was never justified.

All ridiculous arguments. Cops need to calm down with lethal force use, and vengeance cop killing solves nothing but brings out further fear and justification for nut jobs. Everyone needs to calm the f down. Rationally discuss and find useful solutions.

25. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

[​IMG]