Sleep=2%/hour drain, surfing=losing power fast (after trip to bali??)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lapino, Apr 12, 2009.

1. lapino macrumors regular

I just got back from 10 days Bali/Java and noticed that my battery has drained a LOT faster since then (when I was there, it was also draining fast). Could the moist/heat have an affect on my battery? If so, should this go away? Anything I can do about it?

2. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

3. lapino thread starter macrumors regular

Can you post the exact steps to do this correctly? What does calibration do exactly? (weird that "problems" occured when using the laptop in a very warm/humid climate like in Bali).

4. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

5. lapino thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so laptop is charging now (almost 90%), charging takes a LOOOOONNNNG time. I guess when it's fully charged (and I'll let it charge overnight so I go over the 2hr period as mentioned in the KB), then I'll use it until battery is almost down and then fully charge it again.

6. Albal macrumors member

My 15 inch Unibody MBP also takes a hell of a long time to charge and the battery is very quickly drained when it is sleeping. It is a lot less 'efficient' than my PB G4 was. Although the battery lasts longer when in use.

To charge from about 84% to full it takes a good hour and a half. Strange?

7. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

The unibodies slow down charging tremendously after about 85%. It charges fastest below that point.

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Yup. Its the same way for quite a few batteries, including the iPhone. I believe they call the first 85% of charging a "quick charge."

9. TheSVD macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

yeah mine takes fecking ages too charge as well, just kinda ignored it haha