Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Sleep Tracking OS7

ianrip

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Hi here's some pictures of the sleep tracking feature, and I'm wondering what else we can discover.
I'm using 5 series Cellular sport.
I'm still not a fan of wearing a watch to bed, but i thought I'd give it a try.

I have a Saturday to Thursday work week, and a slightly later Friday alarm schedule set up, I’m working 7 days a week just now.
I charge the watch at 19:00 most nights and go to sleep 21:00
Wake up is 05:35 and it has average of 85% most mornings.

I waited for the reminder to charge before going to sleep to activate and it gave me a message/reminder, the watches needs 30% power to make sure alarm goes off.
I don’t’ see myself charging in the morning at work, maybe when I get home (I work overseas).

Any thoughts or questions fire away
001.jpg 002.jpg IMG_0736.PNG IMG_0756.PNG IMG_0775.PNG IMG_0776.PNG

Reactions: tranceking26

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Have you figured out how to have the phone silent for the wake alarm, and only have the watch wake you by Haptic Touch? I want a silent alarm with watch. I don’t want my phone to make noise when the alarm goes off.

Comment

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
Have you figured out how to have the phone silent for the wake alarm, and only have the watch wake you by Haptic Touch? I want a silent alarm with watch. I don’t want my phone to make noise when the alarm goes off.

If I’m wearing the watch even on watchOS 6, it just wakes me up with haptic while the phone remains silent. Isn’t that the case for you?

Comment

ianrip

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I have 2 alarms / Sleep Schedules set up, and for some reason one of them is muted on the iPhone, and the other plays the alarm tune?

I can’t seem to find that setting to mute or unmute

On my iphone Clock settings, the alarm section shows only one sleep alarm, and the Friday is “OTHER ALARM”
So maybe the Sleep setting is muting the iphone whilst in sleep mode, but not muting whilst in alarm mode.
Confusing
IMG_0795.PNG
IMG_0795.PNG IMG_0796.PNG IMG_0797.PNG

Comment

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Finally got the silent alarm working like it should. After using the new sleep tracking feature for a little while, I like the process each night. Battery loss overnight on the series 3 is 7 - 10%. I was concerned the haptic wouldn’t be strong enough to wake me up but, it has done the job each morning. Waking up silently is so more refreshing than audibly.

Comment

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Has anyone else notified that with beta 3, the haptic feedback for the alarm doesn’t feel as prominent as it did in beta 2? I made sure prominent option is still ticked after updating to beta 3. I barely felt the haptic alarm this morning.

Comment

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
After updating to beta 3, I noticed that my previous problem with the phone alarm going off while wearing my watch to bed started happening again, even though the software update was the only thing that changed.
[automerge]1595761719[/automerge]
I didn't really notice any difference’s, however my DND was locked to on this morning, and I had to manually disable that
I noticed that as well a few times with beta 2.

Comment

ianrip

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I can confirm the haptic Tap is less than beta 2

Also when I switch it off on my watch, my iphone is still showing the alarm is ringing function, even though its silent and NOT vibrating, so I still have to switch that off as well in the morning.

DND is still enabled and has to be manually switched off

Reactions: Apple_Robert
Comment

RAMM

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2016
Chicago
It looks like they’re tinkering with the alarm haptics. Beta 1 had the new style “tap-tap... tap-tap...” (weak-ish) haptic; Beta 2 reverted to the regular alarm (strong) haptic, and Beta 3 is back to the Beta 1 haptic. They may want two alarm haptics to differentiate the new Sleep functionality from the regular alarm and timer haptics. What will Beta 4 bring...?

I have to say that I like the new haptic, but it may not make the cut to final release.

Comment

ianrip

macrumors 6502
Original poster
After the last 3-4 days, I agree that the new haptic vibration is too weak, if you’re in a deep sleep I doubt it will wake you

FYI I normally have my watch on vibrate only, maybe the sound will wake you.

Let hope they change this in next beta

Comment

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
After the last 3-4 days, I agree that the new haptic vibration is too weak, if you’re in a deep sleep I doubt it will wake you

FYI I normally have my watch on vibrate only, maybe the sound will wake you.

Let hope they change this in next beta
They definitely need to change the haptic vibration back to what it was in the previous beta. I hope they do. Because the haptic is weak now, I had to set a backup alarm. I have been waking up fine but, I don’t want to take chances, even though I am a light sleeper.

Make sure to file feedback using the Apple feedback app provided with the beta release.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianrip
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.