Sleep Wake Button Stopped Working iPhone 4

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
Just stopped working. Phone is over one year old. Got it August 2010.

What should I do. Any chance I can still get it fixed for free?

Closest Apple store is probably around 3 hours away. Damnit! :mad:

----------

I can try to call apple but if you don't have applecare don't they charge you for the phone call?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Decide if you want to pay $200 to replace it or $200 for an upgrade to 4S. Then call Apple with your decision. The won't charge you any more than that.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
Does anyone know if I can try to call apple or will they charge me for the phone call since I don't have applecare?

I don't want to pay some fee just to call them to say they won't fix it.. but maybe Im totally wrong on this

Scott90

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Does anyone know if I can try to call apple or will they charge me for the phone call since I don't have applecare?

I don't want to pay some fee just to call them to say they won't fix it.. but maybe Im totally wrong on this
No, the phone call is free, but they can't do much to help you.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
Called yesterday... obv phone was out of warranty, by like 180 days.

Talked to a lady, said she couldn't do anything, she said she could direct me to a supervisor.

Did that.. explained situation, said closest apple store is 3 hours away.. college student etc. He said he looked at the account purchase history (3 macbooks, mac mini, 4 iPhones) and said since I was a loyal customer he was making a 1 time exception :D

I opted for the expedited replacement where they send the phone first (so I don't have to go without a phone for a week or so) and they only charge $29.

Sounds like a deal to me!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.