SleepIsle: World's First Sleep Tracker to use Heart Rate Monitoring

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by anushkmittal, Dec 11, 2015.

?

Will you try it?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Need a promo code!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. anushkmittal macrumors newbie

anushkmittal

SleepIsle is a tvOS, iOS, and watchOS app that utilizes your heart beats to display sleep related statistics and plays dreamy melodies to provide you a sound sleep and aid you in waking.

2. Southern Dad, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015

Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Actually, not the first, Sleep Pulse 2 has used heartbeat to display sleep related stats for quite some time now. We had a thread about it here. The developer, cabrown is a forum member. I like to track just about everything. I am a firm believer in the axiom, if you can't measure it, you can't manage it. I have used Sleep Pulse 2 and given a review and some information on it. I use a Fitbit Flex, as well which gives me a basis for comparison. Recently, I downloaded Sleep++ and Hypnos. I have used Sleep++ just one night so far. I did consider SleepIsle but to be honest, a $10.99 price point put me off. I pay for apps but I am usually more inclined to try free or lower cost apps before shelling out eleven bucks.

IMG_0939.PNG IMG_0938.PNG

3. hdfatboy2003 macrumors newbie

I took the bait :( ... the app doesn't work well and needs a lot of improvement.

1. I couldn't set the time to be woken up at. The values would not scroll.
    2. I received a number of activity reports on my watch for the time I was asleep.
    3. Although it tracked my heart rate while sleeping their was no data in the sleep analysis block in the Dashboard.
    4. The iPhone app doesn't follow normal UI conventions. Swiping in particular. Had to click on the dots to get the pages to advance.
    5. Outside of knowing my heart rate for the time I was asleep there isn't any other motion data for use to correlate or determine any quality of sleep.

I will give it one kudo as I did like the music to fall asleep to, though if it takes you more than 10 minutes to fall asleep the music stops playing.

Otherwise it was a total waste of 10.99 ...

4. TeToslaw macrumors regular

TeToslaw

I bought also this app and I'm unhappy with it, too. I'd add to previous points also that this track sleeper is almost totally unusable b/c of draining my AW battery through the night from 100% to almost 0%.

5. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Funny that you mentioned battery usage, I've used Sleep++ three nights. It used 4-6% each night. Granted it's not using pulse but rather movement to track. I still can't justify to myself spending the $11 for SleepIsle, yet. Does SleepIsle data appear in HealthKit? Fitbit and Sleep++ do not, while buggy as it is Sleep Pulse 2 does.

image.png

6. hdfatboy2003 macrumors newbie

Not anything of any value. You'll get activity reports, one for every hour you were asleep. What they reported is unknown.

7. TeToslaw macrumors regular

TeToslaw

8. TeToslaw macrumors regular

TeToslaw

No heart rate data in Healthkit, no data of quality of sleep. Only what I see is duration of my sleep what any other app gives me for free

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Sleep++ actually can write to HealthKit. I was incorrect on that one. It does however just record the amount of sleep.

10. TeToslaw macrumors regular

TeToslaw

Does this app wake U up? It doesn't work for me. I don't know also how to activate to play music. It doesn't work through Apple Watch nor iPhone

11. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I don't think it does wake you up. I use the alarm on my iPhone not the Apple Watch. That is a feature that I just don't use of the watch.

12. TeToslaw macrumors regular

TeToslaw

OK. Can you activate music to fall asleep on AW or iPhone. I hope it doesn't only work w/ some other bluetooth devices. It would be pointless

13. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

vatter69

14. herious89 macrumors member

herious89

No, thanks! (will reconsider if it has free trial)