Sleeves for regular 15 inch MBP to 'loose' for retina MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JakobBjerager, Sep 18, 2012.

1. JakobBjerager macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2012
    I am buying a retina mac, and I am looking for a fitting sleeve for it. I have a 13 inch neoprene slim sleeve from Incase for my current MBP, and i really like these sleeves in terms of quality and plain design.

However, I'm unsure if the 15 inch variants will fit a retina mac perfectly? They are listed under "15-inch MBP with Retina Display" on apple store, but they are tailored to fit a regular 15-inch MBP. As you all know the retina mac is considerably thinner, and i don't want the sleeve to be 'sloppy'.

Does anyone have experiences with the retina mac's and (fitting) sleeves?

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Jun 1, 2011
    Cimmerian End
    As far as I know if you purchase a sleeve that advertises that it is "compatible" with the rMBP it should fit it nicely.
  3. FkoNL macrumors newbie

Sep 18, 2012
    I was wondering the same thing. After looking around and checking some sleeves i wanted to get a crumpler one. Already have another sleeve from them and a camera case that are still in very good shape after 5+ years.

Anyway, finally i bought the crumpler "The Fug" 15", which fits tightly around the rMBP and is sold on amazon for about $35. It's nice and thin so doesn't add too much thickness to the rMBP. On the other side, it doesn't give it maximum protection like a hard cover but more anti-scratch, "put it safely in your backpack" protection :).

Hopefully this helps a bit.