Sleeves for regular 15 inch MBP to 'loose' for retina MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JakobBjerager, Sep 18, 2012.

1. JakobBjerager macrumors newbie

I am buying a retina mac, and I am looking for a fitting sleeve for it. I have a 13 inch neoprene slim sleeve from Incase for my current MBP, and i really like these sleeves in terms of quality and plain design.

However, I'm unsure if the 15 inch variants will fit a retina mac perfectly? They are listed under "15-inch MBP with Retina Display" on apple store, but they are tailored to fit a regular 15-inch MBP. As you all know the retina mac is considerably thinner, and i don't want the sleeve to be 'sloppy'.

Does anyone have experiences with the retina mac's and (fitting) sleeves?

Thanks!

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

As far as I know if you purchase a sleeve that advertises that it is "compatible" with the rMBP it should fit it nicely.

3. FkoNL macrumors newbie

I was wondering the same thing. After looking around and checking some sleeves i wanted to get a crumpler one. Already have another sleeve from them and a camera case that are still in very good shape after 5+ years.

Anyway, finally i bought the crumpler "The Fug" 15", which fits tightly around the rMBP and is sold on amazon for about $35. It's nice and thin so doesn't add too much thickness to the rMBP. On the other side, it doesn't give it maximum protection like a hard cover but more anti-scratch, "put it safely in your backpack" protection :).

Hopefully this helps a bit.