Sleeves - the best compromise for people who want a naked phone with basic protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spazma7ik, Sep 12, 2016.

1. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I'm considering going the route of sleeve for my iPhone 7 Plus. I used to use Waterfield Designs sleeves for my android devices but since my first iPhone and on (5 and every iteration forward) I've used cases.

Unfortunately WFD no longer makes the sleeves for iPhones so that's a bust.

Curious what people's opinions are on sleeves - usefulness, protections, ease of use etc.

Also, best recommendations?

2. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

I like to go naked too but since its not the most practical, I go with sleeves. They have their advantages. You get to use the phone naked for one. And it also acts as a shield for the back when you lie your phone down on the table.

Disadvantages are obviously you'll have to remove it to use your phone. And it only offers the minimal protection it offers when your phone is in it.

I like my luxury leather so I went with the Hard Graft wild case but there are far cheaper leather kittens available. Sena is one.

3. spazma7ik thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just checked that sleeve out and it looks really nice. Question though - do you use a Plus model for your iPhone? Reason I ask is it seems if you did then the sleeve would be quite big. Thoughts?

4. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

That's true. I am getting it for the 7 though I imagine it's gonna be pretty awkward for the larger Plus model. The one for the 7 is perfectly size, in my opinion, just like the phone.

5. darrinS macrumors 6502