Slight iPhone 5 problem?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NextGenApple, Oct 4, 2012.

1. NextGenApple macrumors regular

I purchased an iPhone 5 via Apple received it on the 1st of October, The device is beautiful. I have NO dents, Scratches or scuffs. There is a small minor problem, When I place the phone down it rattles a little same way if I shake the phone or i'm moving it from my ear after a call to place say on the table.
    I've noticed my 4 makes this sound, Never heard it before until I noticed it on the 5.

Now I heard all these issues with the 5 on here and Apple forum but mine is perfect apart from the little issue. I was wondering if anyone of you can tell me if this rattle is normal and should I keep the phone. I don't want to change it then enter the circle of constantly changing the phone due to yellow screen.Scuffs,Dents etc

Thanks in advance

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

it is the auto focus on the camera and is normal

3. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

Yep sounds normal to me, there is nothing worng with your iPhone OP

4. tsduke macrumors regular

I love how we call a cheap sounding rattle on a several hundred dollar smart phone normal. :rolleyes:

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

if you want that feature, then yes. They use magnets and that is the end result...otherwise have a worse camera.

6. NextGenApple thread starter macrumors regular

This was my problem, I paid for the phone cash, so was wondering if this should be happening on a premium device. I already heard it was normal but wanted to see if I should get a new iPhone or keep this model.

The noise is annoying and now I know its there its kind of playing on my mind.

My 14 day runs out on Sunday, don't want to be given a white box via Genius bar if do want it exchanged so thought I should see what people say first here.

7. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

It's been happening since the 3GS, it's normal and in all my devices has never caused a problem.

8. scaredpoet, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012

scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

That's the price you pay for wanting a really small smartphone with a really good camera. To take good pictures, you need moving lens elements. And when you shake your phone around, those lens elements are going to smack into each other and against the frame, making rattling sounds.

If you want a perfectly silent camera with no moving parts, then you would have to go back to the image "quality" we had with the original iPhone, on your current, several hundred dollar smartphone. Or, you would have to have a huge lens, meaning your iPhone would be larger and heavier.

Not even Apple can change the laws of physics.

That white box exchange model is going to do the exact same thing, assuming the exchange is even approved.

9. NextGenApple thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers looking like i'll keep the one I have!! As perviously said it's PERFECT apart from the MINOR issue.