Slight looseness of sport band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by paulgandersman, Jun 2, 2015.

1. paulgandersman macrumors regular

I have a 42mm Space Gray Apple Watch Sport with Black Sport Band. I've noticed that the band is slightly loose on both sides. What I mean by that is that when the watch is not on my wrist, I can subtly move the bands around a little bit inside the enclosure. We're talking millimeters here, so there's no worry about it falling out or anything, but I *do* feel it. Is this normal with all sport bands, or is mine abnormal? Thanks!

2. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Just checked my 42mm and 38mm, no wiggle at all. I'd check the middle lugs on the bands, make sure they don't sit crooked. I believe I read here early bands had lug defects. I could be wrong (dunno)

3. john168 macrumors newbie

My medium BSB also wiggle slightly but my large BSB doesn't. I might go to Apple Store tomorrow to see if I can exchange for another set of BSB. Will report back.

4. anez macrumors 6502

anez

I have some slight play on my White 38mm. When I push on the band, a tiny amount protrudes from its attachment to the case-- around 0.5mm, I would say. This amount of play seems within acceptable levels of tolerance for me, so I don't mind it. However, if it were over the 1mm mark, I might be concerned enough to do something about it.

I'm not sure what week my Watch was produced, but I received it on launch day and my Phantom Activity Data is from April 11th and 12th. Hopefully others will chime in with their findings!

5. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

If the watch is covering most of the top of your wrist the sides will seem to be loose, it's how the band joins to the watch. If you have a larger wrist or a smaller watch the band will conform to your wrist more. There will still be a little gap from the watch base to the place where the watch joins the strap.

6. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

My 42 WSB did the same thing on my SS watch. The left bottom connection point had a slightly larger gap than the rest.

I suppose it has to do with an imprecise cut on the sport bands for some units. If you note, there are very thin seams on these things so they aren't all perfectly finished. Not unimaginable that some ends came out smaller than others.

7. mav macrumors newbie

I had the same issue with my 42mm SS with WSB, revisited the Apple Store today and swapped it out, no questions asked.

8. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I have a WSB that wiggles a bit, I just bought a BSB and it fits much snugger. I'm probably going to try and exchange the white one