iPad Slight purple tint at lower end of my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shenfrey, Feb 7, 2013.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

It's subtle enough to maybe ignore it.0, but I know it's there and can see, I have to point it out to people for them to know its there. I have only had it a day, will it be ok to replace it for another at the apple store?

Thanks guys

2. cruzmisl macrumors regular

You might get ones with yelllow/brown at the sides, red at the sides, complete yellow or red tint across the screen, dust under the screen, etc. You can return it since you are within the return period but keep in mind you may be trading in for one with other problems that may be worse. The question is whether you are motivated to find the perfect one or one you can live with.

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

I agree with the previous post. Like you said OP, if you have to point it out to someone it's not that big a deal. If you have the time and patience then you might find the perfect screen.

I have two iPad's, where one screen has a small amount of backlight bleed when I first turn on the iPad. And the other looks great but you can see the tint change when I tilt the screen. It's not worth the trouble trying to find the perfect display as it doesn't look bad at all and no one else notices the problem.