Slight screen discoloration. Serious?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danakm, May 10, 2013.

1. danakm macrumors regular

danakm

Out of the blue I just noticed when I rebooted my iphone last night that while in the black apple logo screen the top left corner looks lighter and slightly yellowish and I can find no explanation since in my hands it has never gotten more than a couple short-height falls and on carpeted floor on top of it. And it has always been in a case.

Can there be any reason other than a fall for this? (I've started suspecting that someone else might have let it fall maybe?)

And more importantly, is this serious and something I'd want to get it checked for?

I'm under Apple Care+ until next year, so will this cover it?

Help?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

it could just simply be the LCD failing, and im sure applecare+ will cover it. if its an iphone 5, the existing 1 yr warranty will cover it as well.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Also, drops aren't going to cause LCD discoloration. Cracks, lines and dead pixels, sure. But a yellowing/fading of the screen isn't a product of drops or physical shock.

So, when you bring the phone in to get looked at, it's not a good idea to be mentioning those drops. Let them do their check for damage, and don't give them a reason to turn you down for this.

4. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

The backlight might be bleeding through a little, hence you can only see it when dark.

Still get it checked out at Apple Store, you're within 1 year warranty period.

5. danakm thread starter macrumors regular

danakm

It's a 4S that is just out of the standard 1 yr warranty (expired last month), but luckily it's still covered under AppleCare+ for another year *relieved sight* so I think I'm gonna take it in to have it looked at :)

----------

Oh, I did not know that. Thanks for the info :)

Yeah, I'm just gonna walk in and tell them I accidentally noticed that discoloration and have no idea what's causing it, which is in fact true :D

----------

Could be because it doesn't show at all while in normal use, which is why i just noticed.

I'm not within the 1 yr warranty as of last moth, but luckily I got extended coverage for this phone *relieved* :eek: