Slow Motion Video - Shot and Edited on iPhone 6 Plus.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
It's funny because even though you meant 240fps and not 240p, it still looks like it was 240p.

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014
Why do people always mention that something was done on the plus? It's not going to make a difference.

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Why do people always mention that something was done on the plus? It's not going to make a difference.
Because the iPhone model was not the 6. It was the 6 Plus. If I make a video with a Canon T2i should I just title it a Canon 7D video because it has the same sensor?

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Very cool video. Since I got my phone I've been trying to catch my greyhound running in slo-mo, but of course he isn't in the least bit interested in running with a camera pointing at him.

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Why do people always nitpick about what people post when their details don't hurt anything?

----------

That really is a pretty cool video. :cool:

If I ever tried that, you could add slo-mo footage of the ambulance driving me off to the ER!

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Why do people always nitpick about what people post when their details don't hurt anything? Image

----------

That really is a pretty cool video. :cool:

If I ever tried that, you could add slo-mo footage of the ambulance driving me off to the ER!
Hahaha.

Thanks man!

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
The fluorescent lights are a real problem with this video. They flicker at 120 Hertz (twice per cycle) and give that irritating flicker. That's why slow shutter speeds are best under this type of lighting.

Do this under incandescent or outdoors and there would be no flickering.

Don't mean to be too critical but photographers run into this problem all the time. The slow motion effect has a lot of potential.

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
The fluorescent lights are a real problem with this video. They flicker at 120 Hertz (twice per cycle) and give that irritating flicker. That's why slow shutter speeds are best under this type of lighting.

Do this under incandescent or outdoors and there would be no flickering.

Don't mean to be too critical but photographers run into this problem all the time. The slow motion effect has a lot of potential.
Thanks, we saw it at the beginning, however, it was darker out outside than inside, and it was the best light we could get as far as helping with the high shutter speed that the phone sets it at.

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
SOOOO COOLLLL :eek::eek::eek:

Could you make a longer video around 3 mins long? It seemed like it was a preview for something that would be longer. It ended too quickly.
Thanks, haha, I'll try. Takes up a lot of space on my phone! Only got 16 gigs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.