Slow Shipping…?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by monaarts, Dec 23, 2010.

1. monaarts macrumors 65816

So I ordered my fiance a refurb 32GB iPad Wifi for xmas from apple's website late on December 21st. They had advertised that it will be here before 12/25 with free shipping, so I didnt bother paying for express shipping or anything.

So anyways, I finally got the email with the tracking number and it says estimated delivery is 12/27/10 on apple's website and FedEx's website says estimated delivery is 12/28/10… Is anyone else experiencing this? I am so angry right now!!

- Joe

2. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Call customer service and see what they can do.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Join the club, my order was placed for bowers and Wilkins P5 headphones and apple offered one day priority shipping by 10:30 am with Fed-ex. I was like YES!

Item shipped on 21st, but did not get here on 22nd and nothing yet as of right now. It will be here either late today or early tomorrow.

You have to understand that lots of people are doing last-min christmas shopping right now, and there could be some delays. However, I was also very upset and still am, so I called apple to complain. In the end, I did not get much out of it because apple already offered free shipping to begin with.

My best advice is cancel that order and head to local apple store to buy one. That would be the best way to get it before christmas.

4. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

So I called Apple and they told me that I will still be receiving it before the 25th and that it will show an updated delivery time later today…? Sounds weird but whatever.

- Joe

5. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

How can you wait till the last minute to order something online when you know all the mail carriers are swamped and then be mad that the item hasn't arrived on time?

6. jull macrumors member

jull

I'm curious to know if the date will actually change. Good luck though, hopefully you can get it in time!

7. Cibbersicks macrumors member

Cibbersicks

Firstly, I'm a UK user, and as you may or may not know when we have snow our postal delivery service Royal Mail turns to **** when we have snow - of which we have a lot of at the moment. On the 12th Dec I ordered a 2GB iPod Shuffle and was emailed to say it had been shipped on the 13th, 1st class delivery. It's now the 23rd and I've seen no sign of it. Now, how's this for good service from Apple? I rang customer services today and they said after 10 days I'm entitled to a replacement or full refund. The woman pretty much said, if you hold off until tomorrow call back and we'll send you a replacement iPod via courier, and you can keep the one that will eventually arrive via the Royal Mail service! 2 for the price of one!

I do wish I'd just gone to my local Apple store though, I'd be able to train without using my heavy iPhone by now...

8. RoscoeUA macrumors member

RoscoeUA

9. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Dude… Companies like FedEx and UPS get paid pretty well to do their job: shipping. If they can't commit to fulfilling an overnight shipment they shouldn't take an order for an overnight shipment. The reason I ordered online was because I checked with my local apple store, bestbuy, walmart, and target a few times and none of them had anything but the 64GB version in stock. So I happened to see on Apple's website that they had Guaranteed shipping by Christmas. So, I took Apple's word and ordered it. So what you said is complete garbage.

Moving on, I called Apple again and told them I still haven't received the updated email and they told me that there is no updated email coming because they were sold out of stock on the items in the US and needed to get it shipped from China, and therefor, the quicker delivery method wasn't available so they just fulfilled my order with conventional shipping. So they went ahead and credited me $100 for the inconvenience. This doesn't make the item get here any quicker but it sure makes me feel less angry at Apple for not getting the item here when they said it would be here. Thanks Apple.

- Joe

10. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

11. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

It's common sense that when you order something with overnight shipping you shouldn't expect to get the overnight shipping?

12. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

2 for 1 seems like more than ample compensation ... looks like you are only training with your iPhone anyway ... Not like you are missing a Corporate Presentation ... I would be quite happy about 2 for 1 :cool:

13. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

When it's only a day or two before Christmas when you order? Yes.

14. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Or 4… :p

15. scooterspud macrumors newbie

Same here

Hey Monnarts, I'm in the exact same position as you. Bought the exact same refurb 32 gig, and only did so because they promised the expedited shipping. I just checked, and it's still "In Transit" in Hong Kong. Did Apple say when it will get here?

I think it's pretty ridiculous for them to sell something and promise that it will be here on a certain date, but when they realize they can't make the date, they just ship it anyway and not even clue us in. One last question: Did Apple just offer you the credit, or did you have to brow-beat them for it?

16. scooterspud macrumors newbie

So, I just called Apple, and they assured me that the ipad will be at my door late Friday, perhaps after 5 pm. We'll see....

17. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Call back and complain. The lady told me that the first guy I talked to had no clue what he was talking about because I will certainly not get it until after Christmas. She then gave me $100 off my iPad. Not too bad but it's gonna suck when I give my fiancé nothing on Xmas. :p. Oh well.

Joe

18. scooterspud macrumors newbie

As of an hour ago, my iPad has made it to Memphis - got a fighting chance to make it into my hands by tomorrow! Monaarts, where's yours? If you get your iPad by the 24th AND the $100 credit, I'll be so jealous!

19. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

HAHA Mine arrived at the FedEx location in Memphis, TN at 11:05pm and International Shipment Released at 12:50am… I live in Kennesaw, GA - right outside of Atlanta…. what about you?

20. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

So my iPad is sitting in an airport like 6.5 hours from my house. They can get it to from Hong Kong to Memphis in 1/2 a day so I will poop myself if they can't get it from Memphis to Atlanta in another 1/2 day. HAHHA

- Joe

21. scooterspud macrumors newbie

Dude, we were on the exact same flight! Same arrival, same international release. Man, yours is really close now. Mine still has to get out to Los Angeles. But Apple told me it would arrive very late on Friday, so that makes sense.

Hopefully, you'll have an awesome gift for your fiance right in time for Xmas, and hopefully, my wife will have one as well. Funny thing is, she's sitting right next to me as I type this, and she has no idea what's happening!! Ha!!

22. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

HAHA! Yea… My fiance was next to me when I checked the shipping status and she looks over and goes "whats that?" I said, "The shipping status on one of your christmas gifts." So she looks at it and says, "Its coming from China, so it must be something electronic or made with lead based paint" HAHAHAHA

I hope we both get them tomorrow! It would make my friggen day! :-D

- Joe

23. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Scooterspud, mine says in transit Memphis. Haha. What about yours?

24. RoscoeUA macrumors member

RoscoeUA

My wife's iPad is in Memphis. I live in Tuscaloosa and so it should arrive the 27th. Just like monaarts. I called Apple and they gave me $100 credit on the iPad. Pretty nice if you ask me.

25. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

Watching the updates on this thread is almost as much fun as tracking Santa on NORAD. I'm giddy for you guys anticipating your shipments and biting my nails hoping that you get them in time to put under the tree! I got my iPad in late October for my Christmas gift - couldn't wait another day and wanted to avoid the holiday rush. Now with all the excitement of this post, I am kind of wishing I had waited just to feel the rush! Merry Christmas!