Slow wifi on certain routers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PacificRimJob, Mar 26, 2013.

1. PacificRimJob macrumors newbie

I have a 32GB white iPhone 5 with Verizon and with my home router, WNDR3700v2 Netgear with DD-WRT the latest available firmware which was dated 3/25/13 and previous builds as well - my iPhone's wifi os horrendous. I connect to a tp-link here at work and I'm unsure of the chipset but it's night and day difference. Is there any recommendations other than buying a new router?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

95% of WIFI issue has to do with your environment. Interference by neighbors etc. U of course configured router for best channel ya?

3. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Its a good idea to reset your router once in a while so it could refresh and have better speeds. At least with uVerse I've notice the difference. It helps.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

Don't forget to do a "reset network settings" on iphone while you are rebooting router. Then have you phone rediscover your router.

5. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Remember to pick a channel that your neighbors aren't using.

There are better routers available that can be configured more than others. Some even allow configuring the signal strength.

6. PacificRimJob thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately I've tried all channels and I've yet to see any increase in speed. I've tried TKIP, AES, WPA, WPA2 Personal, all kinds of stuff and no increase. LTE is always faster no matter what.