Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lauren McKay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a 2019 Macbook air that I depend on for school. I spilled a can of root beer very close to the computer. I dont believe any liquid got into any opening on the keyboard or surfaces around it. However the liquid that was sitting on my desk from the spill slightly touched the bottom surface where the crack of the bottom panel is. A small amount may have gotten into that crack (like half a drop). However Im assuming that if the liquid got in from below, that gravity is my friend in this situation in comparison to if the liquid spilled on top of the keyboard. I turned my mac off about 10 minutes after the spill. How much of a risk of water damage is there?

here is a pic of approximately the area I suspect the soda got into:

Attachments

• 47444D11-57CA-4BA0-90B5-2F3013F3D40D.jpeg
    47444D11-57CA-4BA0-90B5-2F3013F3D40D.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 309

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
However Im assuming that if the liquid got in from below, that gravity is my friend in this situation in comparison to if the liquid spilled on top of the keyboard

If that were the case, turning it over 180 degrees to take this photo might not have been the best idea.

finepiks

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
Unless it's a gravity defying root beer then the likelihood of damage is even less than zero in this case! There are far greater things to be worried aboutt!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.