Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Small and Big... New Powerbooks?

rebscb

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2002
new powerbooks

interesting.... I purchased a 1GHZ powerbook a few weeks ago and it was defective. A replacement was ordered for me at the Apple Store in Tyson's Corner, VA this past Thursday. Apple Care (higher ed) told me that it would not arrive for 5 -7 business days - clearly after MWSF. He said that it would have to come off of the assembly line, but nothing about a new configuration.

Comment

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
it sounds like BS to me, but that could be the new thing they are talking about

Comment

DavidCL23

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2001
NJ
Bye Bye Thinkpad T23, Hello 17" powerbook!!! Anyone know if a 128mb radeon 9700 mobility is released yet?
Also what is the largest Laptop hard drive these days?
Thanks guys, I am switching back to mac (The thinkpad was good for a month, but now it makes so much NOISE!!!)

Comment

AssassinOfGates

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
A cardboard box.
Thats a new one.

I guess it would make sense, that powerbook is a bit too big even for my tastes, and some people don't want a laptop that is literally begging to be stolen

Comment

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i really dont think this will happen. but we will see in about 15 hours.

iJon

Comment
Wow this is a total surprise.
And the way Macrumors put it makes me even more excited!

I've always thought that there are people looking for portablity (incl. me) and people looking for hardcare power in PowerBooks. It's impossible to achive both on a single machine.

I think this two split personality for a new PowerBook line is a good way to go.

The photo above looks real enough, BTW.

Comment

nickgold

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2001
This last minute lead-up to MWSF...

is turning into a crackhouse of silly-arse rumors. Hmm, maybe it will be a 17" PowerTablet PVR iPhoto viewer music player bluetooth/802.11g-equipped UBER GIZMO. Yeah, that's the ticket... I have it on reliable sources. Har! It's a video-phone as well, of course.

Comment

JOHNGAETANO

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Akron, Ohio
Powerbooks

I don't see how this would help Apple. A 12" powerbook would hinder iBook sales, or vise versa. A 17" powerbook? You might as well carry an iMac around. My powerbook is nice but bordering on too big. 17" Wow that would be big.

Well, if thats it, Im disapointed.

Comment

daveg5

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2001
?what have you been shooting in your veins

ha ha ha, of course its possible
how much $3500 and $1999? and how fast?

Comment

Talon1138

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2002
12' ultraportable

Don't know about the ultraportable...that would be the end of the iBook, or else it would have to be very expensive so that it would not canibalize iBook sales. But then who would pay in the high thousands for one when they could pay a little more for a full-sized PBG4.

Comment

ELYXR

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2002
Seattle
hmmmm...

I noticed that you said '12" Laptop' ... not '12" Powerbook'

There already is a 12" laptop!

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by iBot

Photo? What photo?

there's no photo... someone posted a fake picture in the thread that cause confusion

arn

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.