Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this..

Whenever the background of my phone is white (using certain apps or whatever) I can notice a very faint blue-ish tint smudge on my screen.. there's actually 2 of them but one is more noticeable..

I don't notice them at all unless I'm opening an app and the screen background is totally white for that second the app is loading up or something.. so it's so minor it's almost not even worth thinking 'what is that'.. but I'm just curious..

It looks like maybe I pressed too hard on the screen is the only way I can describe it.. although I've never pressed hard on the screen..

I have dropped it multiple times over the course of owning it (9 months?) and have had the glass replaced probably 2 or 3 times now..

Does anoyone know what's causing this? Possibly dropping it too many times?
It doesn't look like a dead pixel (that would be like a tiny square wouldn't it?)..

It's an iPhone 4s.

Thanks.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
If Apple didn't replace it, that's your issue.

I took it to a local place that's 'certified' but not an apple store and didn't bring up the issue with them, I only noticed it after this last time I replaced it.. it's so minor that they wouldn't have been able to see it.. and I didn't until maybe a week later.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I took it to a local place that's 'certified' but not an apple store and didn't bring up the issue with them, I only noticed it after this last time I replaced it.. it's so minor that they wouldn't have been able to see it.. and I didn't until maybe a week later.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I could say I'm certified, doesn't mean I am.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
It's this place: http://www.n2stores.com/

..I'm not blaming them, I brought it to them to fix the screen not to fix the tint 'cause I didn't even notice it before.. probably happened after I dropped it for the 3rd time but I didn't see it because the glass was all cracked.. just wondering if anyone is familiar with the issue.

pblakk

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
I noticed those "permanent" bluish smudges on demo Verizon iphones at more than one corporate store before I bought mine. I was somewhat reluctant thinking that they might be a somewhat common iPhone screen issue but mine has been just fine for over 6 months now. I've dropped my phone a few times too but no issues at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.