Small Problem PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macdude2010, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Ok, So heres the problem.

I bought my iPhone 4S (64GB AT&T Black) with AppleCare+ last Friday. That night I noticed there were 2 stuck pixels on the screen. I called Apple on Saturday night and they told me to go in the next day and not wait till my appointment on tuesday. Now Sunday morning I went in and went to the genius bar. I showed them the issue and asked them for a brand new in box replacement. They did give me a new one but were hesitant to do the swap because they remember I had to get 2 iPad replacements 5 months ago. Now the one I have now has a loose home button (only problem) and it can be really annoying, 2 questions:

1. Is your home button loose
    2. Should I go back for this issue (it is really annoying)?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Go back in like 3 months if it really annoys you.

Anyways I've gone to the Apple Store everyday for a week straight for replacement on different devices. They now remember me and they are always happy to help. :p

3. guinness8878 macrumors member

guinness8878

I would take it back, my button isn't loose. You spent $400 dollars on it, it should be flawless.

4. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Wish they were as happy to help at my store... I have bought 8 Macs, 7 iPods, 2 iPhones and an iPad from them, I am going to ask them on tuesday when I have to go to fix my parents iPhone 4 (non-working home button). Hopefully they will be helpful

5. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Well...

Hell, yeah you should go back but I gotta ask you something. Why didn't you thoroughly check the replacement phone and been fully satisfied with it before you left? If you're worried about any pushback call Apple first and see if they'll note that you need a replacement, they trump the geniuses.

PLEASE fully check your next phone and be happy with it before you leave. Make some calls with it, turn it off and on and make sure it grabs signal quickly, run a speed test, too. Check the speaker phone and Bluetooth functionality as well. I'm not saying this to be a jerk but to help you leave with a device that you're happy with and also so you don't have to go back to this store where you think you're flagged as a problematic repeat product returner.

6. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

I do that, but they kind of rush you into taking the new one at my store. Its really annoying. Also, the button wasn't apparent until the next day. Also the first one I had also had a button that was starting to get loose the morning I went to the Apple Store. And I have already called apple and I have a case number.

7. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

I am going to go back this week and see what they say. Please help me by giving me advice

8. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

What advice is there to give? Just go to the store and see what they say.

9. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

What to say to them, if you haven't read completely through my first post. The geniuses remember me from me getting 2 iPad replacements (which is ridiculous.) So I need to see if anyone else has seen this experience and what did they do

10. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010