Small scratches on the back of ipod touch 4g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeighAnna Jones, Jan 9, 2011.

1. LeighAnna Jones, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011

LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

I've kept my little dude ok for about a month or so, but fore I got my case it got a couple of little scratches on the back.

I've tried buffing them out with a cloth, but I read something about toothpaste. Will this help get them out if I rub it on there and lit it sit for a bit?

Thanks.

EDIT:
    Eh. For everyone's sake; don't use toothpaste. I did; and the only thing that happened was my iPod ended up smelling like "Crisp Winter Mint." It doesn't do much good. Unless you want to use your iPod for a breath mint. <-- (Yuck!)

Yeah. I guess I'll just think of it as "personilization." I guess it's officially "broken in" now!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

No that won't do much good. Just let them be.

3. pepi macrumors member

4. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

Yeah just leave the scratches. I personally wouldn't risk my touch 4G with toothpaste, just be sure to use a case from now on if you don't want more scratches.

5. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

I don't care about it, although the scartch really made me is so uncomfortable. With a case made me is much more uncomfortable!:(

6. LeighAnna Jones thread starter macrumors 6502

Eh. For everyone's sake; don't use toothpaste. I did; and the only thing that happened was my iPod ended up smelling like "Crisp Winter Mint." It doesn't do much good. Unless you want to use your iPod for a breath mint. <-- (Yuck!)

Yeah. I guess I'll just think of it as "personilization." I guess it's officially "broken in" now!

7. dwarnecke11 macrumors 6502

As they say, the first cut is the deepest. My case arrived after my 4th gen had accumulated some hairline scratches, despite my best efforts to keep it pristine (carrying it around in a microfiber cloth, for instance). Now they're out of sight, out of mind.