Small scuff on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jsinclair, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Jsinclair macrumors newbie

I just got my new iPhone 5 and I thought it was perfect until about an hour ago. I have these tiny 2 dots on the bottom where the silver shows through the paint, I'm pretty sure these were there before and I didn't cause them.

Anyway should I just ignore this and live with it? I thought if I go to the apple store they'll just tell me it's insignificant and there's nothing they can do. It's really bothering me :p

2. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

I they are really really tiny and the rest of the phone lines up and is perfect - if it is A-OK electronically - I would keep it and get the black pen

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

If it is bothering you! Just make an appointment at the genius bar they will swap it for you. I had to do the samething with my 3 iphones 5 purchase all 3 were bad out of the box!

4. Smurfqq macrumors newbie

Actually... I have 3 small 'dots' right now. After the first one I made sure to not even put it on any hard surface to see what would happen. Two more showed up later. I'm also pretty sure I didn't cause them (no drops, nothing in pocket except the phone, etc).

I stopped caring and and just started using it, its not like you can tell unless you're actually looking for it. I do have apple care and I can just pay $50 more and make them replace it if I get annoyed from it in the future.

They will swap yours still in the return window anyways if you want to do it now.

5. Bahroo macrumors 68000

If there that minor as you say you will have a very hard chance of it getting replaced. Either live with two tiny dots or get a replacement that is even worse. I had a Genius open up 3 white box replacements before I found a perfect one

6. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

Agreed.
    You are going to be swapping once a week if you keep this up.

The paint just wears down from normal wear. The aluminum will look nice after normal wear (not drops, scratches, etc). If anything, just get AC+ or ST and exchange it when you want.

7. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

.....So let me get this straight. You bought the phone, looked it over, accepted it as perfect, and at some point down the line noticed two specs on the bottom that you didn't notice before? Well my dear sir what that means is that you more then likely created those two spots. On a side note....give me a break first world problems on this site are driving me nuts these days.

----------

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't use applecare+ to replace a fully functional phone.

8. Dukat macrumors regular

Just about all of them have defects. My first 5 had scratches on the side, swapped it due to a battery drain hardware issue.

New one has a small nick in the side. It's annoying if I see it, but as I always have a case on I let it go. Next one would probably be worse,.. have a bad pixel or something.

9. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

If it bothers you then you should take it in. I went through 4 iPhones before i found a cosmetically perfect one. As a customer you are entitled to a product that is free of any defects and meets your satisfaction. Just be nice with the genius and I'm sure they won't hassle you

10. Ahonen macrumors 6502

Ahonen

I think your chances of finding one better are slim enough to warrant reconsidering an exchange.