Smallest New Smartphones Remaining?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SmokeItLow, Oct 6, 2014.

1. SmokeItLow, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

SmokeItLow macrumors newbie

Soooo maybe I'm in the minority here but I really really love my iPhone 4s size. I don't want a phone the size of the iPhone 6, but I'm afraid I'm going to be forced into getting one anyway...

Does anyone know of any new android phones coming out that I'm missing that's close to the 4s form factor? I'm willing to jump the iOS ship based on the size, even though I'd rather not. I just don't want a stupid big phone... I have my iPad for that :p

Thoughts? Thanks all!

2. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

iPhone 5s is the smallest modern phone. You won't find a fast smaller Android phone, they're all 5 inch/above

3. sometimesido macrumors member

iPhone 5s is the smallest, but Sony Z3 Compact is pretty close.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

No 4 inch models out there of any quality. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact has a 4.6 inch screen. Galaxy Alpha has a 4.7 inch screen. Several phones of that size on the market.

5. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

7. phositadc macrumors 6502

But it's still remarkably smaller than the iPhone 6.

Z3 compact is the only "current" generation flagship that is easily used with one hand.

8. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Z3 compact is not a flagship device, compared to a 5s its cack imo. Plus if you can't use a 5s your doing it wrong!

9. SmokeItLow thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all!

Look's like I'm going to wait a month & hope the Z3 compact will be available in my area. I'll try it until the iPhone mini is released :p

10. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Below is a visual size comparison between the 3 devices you talk about (4s, Z3 compact, and iPhone 6) so you can get a better idea of the size.

Also here's a good forum for the Z3 compact in case you have questions: http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general?styleid=16

p.s. I agree with you that I hate these larger and larger phones :(

Attached Files:

11. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

What one handed features do you need? I have always wonder this one people say "you cant one hand operate". I can one hand things like launch apps and scroll email. However, when it comes to typing anything emails, text or such, its always two hands for speed.

I had been continue to use Android because of my preference for 5" screens. I have had the Note 1,2 and 3. Now that I have the 6 Plus, no more Android.

12. phositadc macrumors 6502

Typing while I walk when I have something in my other hand. Just being able to use the phone, period, without having to juggle it around in my palm to reach the edges/corners of the screen. That's why I like being able to use one hand.

13. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

How about simply browsing the web? If I don't want to be forced to tap the home button repeated over and over and over to activate reachability every single time I want to do a google search or go to a new website then there's no way I'm reaching the top URL bar in Safari without doing uncomfortable hand gymnastics where I might drop the phone.

Since I'm used to phones that I can easily reach the top of the screen comfortably with one hand and not having to shuffle the phone around. I wouldn't want to give that up just so I can have a tiny bit bigger screen of the 6, not worth the loss in functionality.

14. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

Cool makes perfect sense. I am fortunate to have longer fingers to be able to reach the top of the 6 plus.

15. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

The Z3 Mini is the only smaller version of a flagship phone that retains almost all of the features of the larger sibling. It's far from "cack" and easily one of the best Android phones you can buy (along with the full sized Z3 and the new Moto X).

16. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Good call. The Z3 Compact looks like a winner for sure.