Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACint24

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
does anyone have an issue with the keyboard laying flat? I am coming from a gen 1 12.9 and never had this issue but it's very annoying to type on because of this.

cognitivefun

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2008
You may have the wrong keyboard. Apple Store gave me a wrong keyboard with my iPad and I luckily realized this problem on the way out and came back and returned it. It did this exact thing you describe.

mal5z

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
I had the 9.7 smart keyboard and it always laid flat, but I have a friend whose 9.7 always left a gap with the table. Then I bought the 10.5 smart keyboard for my new 10.5 ipad and the keyboard wouldn't lie flat. I could always bend the joint and make it lie flat, but I'd have to do that every time. I took it back after a week and swapped it out. The new one lies flat every time. So they are hit or miss, but you can get one that lies flat every time.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Found a fun typing app yesterday whilst viewing you tube-smart keyboard review.

Today I’ve immediately returned 29 wpm 98% accuracy-room for improvement.

Tap Type via app store.

Enjoying Apple smart keyboard today.

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
One question I cannot answer though suspect it maybe which websites and forums I’l replying to.

e.g. macrumours -why is it if I make a typo and use the cursor keys to alter a typo-the whole page moves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.