Smart playlist not populating on iPhone fully but iPod is fine?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by james-bailey, Dec 24, 2011.

1. james-bailey macrumors regular

Hey folks, Ive set up a smart playlist to populate the last 55 songs added that are located in a particular playlist folder.

The playlist when viewed in iTunes is perfectly correct.

Once syncronised and view with my iPod, its also correct in the order dislayed in iTunes (most recently added at the top)

However when the same smart playlist syncronised with my iPhone 4S running 5.0.1, there are about 10 songs missing an in a random order??

The strange thing is that if i do a spotlight search on my iPhone for the particular songs missing from the playlist, the songs are found and play perfectly. There isnt any way for these songs to be included in any other playlist either which is even stranger...

Can anybody shed any light on why this is happening? Its quite important for me to have this playlist working faultlessly as it does so well on my ipod.

Thanks

James

2. james-bailey thread starter macrumors regular

3. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I don't have an answer but are you using Match?

4. james-bailey thread starter macrumors regular

nope not using match, just a simple smart playlist...

5. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Smart Playlists and syncing is a complete mess in iTunes/iOS devices.

For example lots of times the play count is displayed incorrectly showing that you've played a certain song thousand times when if you fact you haven't.

Last Played Smart Playlist is not properly updated, and so on...

It's too dependent on the iTunes, Apple should allow the users to create smart playlists on the iPhones and iPods and be iTunes independent.

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Made a smart playlist for Recently Added a few weeks ago. It populates in iTunes but is completely blank on my iphone even after a few syncs and adding new songs :/

7. james-bailey thread starter macrumors regular

Glad to know I am not alone with this issue.

I am a DJ and constantly adding new songs to my library each week and travelling for hours on end to gigs gives me a perfect opportunity to listen to the most recently added which is perfect in theory, but it seems that my iPod is the only way this can be done confidently without any being missing.

8. knd633 macrumors newbie

Playlist not syncing

I'm having a similar issue. I'm not using the Smart playlist just the regular one. The songs ar listed in itunes even when I connect the device and click the playlist in itunes it's there but nothing is on my phone just the playlist name, no songs. And the other playlist shows 3 out of 16 songs. I've tried syncing the entire library and playlist. Nothing works.