smcFan Control Wont go above 3600rpm

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adnan88, Jul 10, 2008.

1. adnan88 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    I had smcFan Control for a month or so and it worked great, then this morning I turn on my Macbook Pro and notice that its not there anymore. I have no idea how it disappeared, maybe my brother deleted it. So then I went on google and downloaded some Fan Control 1.2 application which I thought was smcFan Control but it wasn't, so I deleted that and I noticed that on the Fan Control 1.2 application the highest rpm you can put was 3500. So I found smcFan Control again and downloaded it and now I cant put it higher then 3600rpm. Before I used to put it up to 5600rpm or more but now when I increase the rpm, it goes up to 5000 and then drops back to 3600...now its running at 3607rpm and my Macbook temperature is 47*C.

How can I fix this, could this have been an update that modified and deleted smcFan Control, since when I started the computer the software update for the OS was running. if anyone can help please do, since my macBook Pro get too hot when I watch movies or edit pictures. Also before the smcFan control would open at log in, and now it doesn't.

Thank you!

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I would suggest having a read of this thread as it seems FanControl causes issues