SMH, it never stops...Mueller has evidence Cohen was in Prague in 2016, confirming part of dossier

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, Apr 13, 2018.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Mueller seems to be putting in that work. People keep asking for more, and it seems he quietly might be gathering more. Perhaps there's more to Cohen's raid then we could guess...
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article208870264.html

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The even bigger story about Cohen is the one in the New York Times this evening that says that Trump and his advisors are far more worried about the investigation into Cohen than anything Mueller has previously looked into. That fits with my theory since the day Trump was elected, namely that there is almost no chance that Trump didn’t break a bunch of laws in his various business deals. And it’s likely that Cohen is the DOJ’s access to the evidence of those crimes.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

5. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Well if it is true that Cohen did keep some recordings as well... Well to quote some guy heavily in the news this week...

[​IMG]

6. raqball, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

Great another opinion piece taken as a fact.. Alert me when there is something fact related to this reporting, and I feel dirty even calling some of this stuff 'reporting'..

I read the article. Unnamed sources and maybe it took place at a different time? Wow...

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

You may choose to ignore the factual reports, but it is not an opinion piece.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

There are times I think there could be a picture of Trump holding a smoking gun and a dead body and you would say "yeah - but unless there's a picture of him pulling the trigger... who knows if this was real" lol

9. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

And the hits keep coming, about the existence of possible recordings. I guess there are some...
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/politics/fbi-phone-recordings-cohen-daniels-mcdougal/index.html

And because it couldn't be 45 unless there was a foot being shot...
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/politics/donald-trump-michael-cohen-phone-call/index.html

SMH

10. raqball macrumors 68000

It's based on facts? I didn't see any listed, or sources, or , or , or...

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.. But I'll take a wait and see approach...

11. Huntn, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Just think, we now have one of the two major Political Partys in the Nation, actively defending the top, I mean TOP Crook. :oops::(:mad: I'm really hoping the rats come home to roost for the GOP. Trump has set the bar so low for bad, the only thing worse might be a revolution, a military coup, or a Nuclear exchange with Russia.

12. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

If you read the article, you'd know it wasn't an opinion piece. Just the reporting that so many don't like, based on something reporters use, called sources. Sources that for their own safety aren't revealed until later. C'mon you know how this works, don't play that game.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 13, 2018 ---
    Let's hope it never comes to that.

13. raqball macrumors 68000

That was funny! :D (no I am not being rude, it really was funny)

No I am not that bad but I would like to see some proof or evidence to all these reports that get tossed out. You know, like reporters use to do before publishing an article? Facts do matter still, I hope..

14. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

LOL! "delete your account" is always an option if it gets too embarrassing to go on... :p

15. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

About that passport as some kind of proof...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-prague-confirming-trump-dossier-claim-report

16. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Has Cohen not yet stepped down from his RNC finance committee slot? Sure he's "just" under criminal investigation, but... but... doesn't the RNC have enough looks-bad tarnish on itself with Wynn resigning in January (allegations of sexual misconduct) and Elliott Broidy today. Broidy had acknowledged a payoff deal to a was-pregnant former Playboy Playmate... plus there were convoluted issues about his having offered some Moscow lawyer assistance for a fee in setting the guy up with other US assitance to deal with Russian sanctions that had affected the Russian lawyer.

17. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

At this point being under investigation has probably become an expected badge to wear.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

What interesting is what might be in the recorded phone conversations.

19. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

ya think? :p

EDIT: I'm watching Primary Colors again, just passed the point where Libbey Holden (Kathy Bates) hangs up the phone and says "[expletive] the [expletive's] got tapes..."

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

They call Cohen, Trump's fixer. That reminds of the lawyer from Breaking Bad. :D

21. samcraig macrumors P6

22. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

He must be on some good drugs by now, he's on the edge of kissing a pretty nice life farewell, I mean even if he rolls on the Trumps he probably does some time, gets disbarred etc.

23. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

This is complete fiction. Reporting based on information provided by unidentified, but knowledgeable, sources has been a cornerstone of American journalism for decades. Ever heard of Woodward and Bernstein?