Smith & Wesson nails what Obama did for gun sales

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 19, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/smith-wesson-nails-obama-did-115655106.html

panic buying already started up again, maybe Colt will get over their BK really quick.

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Are the same people stocking up on firearms every single time a gun debate follows a tragedy? Cause the last several times were not even a generation apart. If you stocked up last time, what's you're purpose this time?

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes & no.
    people with nothing start buying over priced guns because they see a ban might be coming.
    people with guns tend to stock up on what they have.
    I on the other hand have sold most of my toys at a neat profit when things have been scarce. sucks I have nothing I am willing to let go at this time, maybe my AR uppers but that is about it. my hand guns are on my permit and I don't see much profit in selling those. the ARs are the ones that bring in the decent gains depending on configurations.
    when the panic buyers sell their stuff at a good loss, that is when its a good time to buy, say a year or so from now.

after Sandy , I sold AR's for 1200 that I had picked up for under 700. lower receivers are about $100 on sale, sold mine for $300. BCGs brought in decent money as well, buy for $100 & sell for $200 with no need for paperwork.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

AKs used to be $170- 200 in CA, they sky rocketed to $1200.

they are no longer available in CA , if you see them on sale from a private party they are no less than 700. Norinco 1911's & M1A clones fetch decent prices as well. good luck finding a .50 cal for sale in CA at a store.

there IS a risk of crap NOT being available when stupid feel good legislation that does NOTHING gets passed. I only have 2 ARs and unless I get DOUBLE what I paid they are not going anywhere.

6. Moyank24, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

And this is Obama's fault how? How much control does he have over the laws passed in California?

Texas just passed an open carry law. Can Obama take credit for that?

How much gun control legislation has he actually passed?

7. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Guns are a better investment than stocks. I could make 500% easily on my guns. Tax free yay!!!!

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

anytime the POTUS or other clowns ACT on his command & pass more restrictions, gun sales soar, makes no difference who said what. or who gets affected.

CA does take it in the short when things get passed, no AKs, no Norinco, no .50 cal.

9. Robisan macrumors 6502

Rubes are morons.

...also, too, there was something different about that new president that I can't quite put my finger on. Thinking, thinking...

10. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

So basically gun owners and gun companies are taking advantage of other gun owners' ignorance and paranoia and are conveniently blaming Obama?

And, are you saying that California passed those laws because Obama told them to?

Again, I ask, what gun control legislation has Obama actually passed?

11. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1. NRA does NOT have to say anything, people see Obama talk gun control & they act based on that, 90 Million gun owners or so and only 5 million are in the NRA.

2 CA passes laws even when republicans are in office (thanks Arnold)
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/sep/14/20040914-114028-9959r/?page=all

3. http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickung...-on-gun-safety-signed-today-by-the-president/

12. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

1. Where did I mention the NRA?

2. So the answer is, it has nothing to do with Obama.

3. I don't see anything in those 23 executive orders about taking guns away or banning them, do you?

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1 you did not, I jumped the gun :p

2. Clinton set precedence when he did his assault weapons ban, people obviously assume Obama would do something similar.

3 see 2.
    there are gun and complete manufacturers who are NOT available for sale in CA due to democrats getting stupid. better safe than sorry & buy what they can while they can. our handgun roster is shrinking every year. gen 4 Glocks are not available to the public along with other brands. this is how CA works.

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

So, basically, this has nothing to do with Obama? And your thread has been debunked? :)

He's been in office for 7 years and hasn't passed ANY gun legislation, so to continue to blame him while you're taking advantage of someone else's ignorance and paranoia is extremely ironic.

Regarding California: If you think democrats are stupid then get involved in local politics and try to change your legislators. It has nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with your local lawmakers.

I live in Texas and I routinely see billboards from Gun Shops and Pawn Shops about getting guns before you can't anymore. IN TEXAS! There is no strict gun control legislation even close to being passed here, but they have no problem making people believe there is. They know better than anyone else how paranoid people can be and have no problem taking advantage of it. They're selling you a bill of goods and you are buying it hook, line, and sinker.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ch...oting-president-obama-deliver-remarks-n377726

2 thank Clinton.

3. like I said, it is not just the democrats here. [​IMG]

4 FEAR sells, sadly HERE in CA the fears are somewhat justified.

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/28/obama-gun-control-state-of-the-union_n_4684426.html

17. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Seems like a true statement to me, but we'll know more when we find out how he got the gun. Reports today are saying he purchased it himself.

Obama is for gun control, as many politicians are, in the face of what seems like weekly mass murders here. That said, in the 7 years he has been in office, he has not passed ANY legislation banning guns or making it harder to obtain guns. You can quote 100 speeches but that fact will not change.

What will also not change is the fact that the gun industry, and private sellers, are using your (your meaning other gun owners) own ignorance and paranoia to their advantage. Blame Obama all you want, but you're doing this to each other.

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1.link? I read dad gave him the gun.

2. just like Clinton, he only needs to be successful ONCE.

3. Obama/Clinton/Democrats, its all good, makes no difference really who is to blame, just buy my AR for double what I paid for it :D

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The latest reports are he bought it with birthday money.

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

links would be nice, there are a million stories on this all over the net.

21. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I provided the story and a link in the thread about the shooting.

22. SLC Flyfishing, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

I think the point is that people see democrats being elected and they (perhaps reasonably) assume that some things may be the target of some attempts at restriction in the near future. So they buy now in an attempt to head that off.

It's not Obama's fault directly, more a function of his political affiliation. You could swap out any democrat for Obama and the result would be the same.

23. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

And my point was that even if those restrictive attempts never happen, they'll still "blame" Obama and the Democrats, even if it's not true.

jkcerda is a perfect example. He proved my point without meaning to. I truly believe that he actually thought that Obama passed legislation. I bet there's a lot of other people who actually haven't read the 23 executive orders who will cite them as proof that Obama is trying to take guns away. And I'm sure gun shops and gun owners who are selling at huge profits are happy that their customers are ignorant.

24. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

So Republicans are bad for gun sales:D? Perhaps the NRA should rethink their political donations. I'm not entirely serious. The behavior just seems like a rather extreme reaction.

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thanks to Clinton, NOTHING needs to be "passed", just the mere mention of gun control gets the shelves empty, its a nice spike for the economy :p