SMS from 6 months ago with photo. How to retrieve?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueIvy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. BlueIvy macrumors newbie

Someone txted me a photo through SMS not iMessage about six months ago. Today I needed the photo and kept on scrolling back back back but SMS page hit a point where the option to load older posts didn't even appear anymore.

I back up my iPhone to my Mac every day. Is there any way I can retrieve the photo (it is not in my iPhoto app but in the texting app) through my backup? Not sure since I am constantly backing up if it overwrote the photo. And if I can, how do I do it? Thank you so much!

2. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Build a time machine? If you're backing up on a regular basis they get overwritten eventually.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Next time save the photo and it wouldn't be a problem.

4. BlueIvy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm...i back up my main Mac through an external hard drive as well, and I"m certain the iphone backup photo is on the external hard drive because the last time I backed up was about 3 months ago, but I have no idea how to retrieve that exact photo.

I tried going to the mobilesync folder on the external hard drive but all it is a bunch of numbers.

Any clue how to get the photo other than to build a time machine? I don't have access to a flux capacitor.

thanks...

5. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I know this is a "windows" saying but it can often be applied to other areas: "be safe, save often"

If the photo is important in any way, save it to the roll. Sorry I don't have better advice.