Smudge or scratch on iP5 lens?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lego8, Feb 12, 2013.

1. lego8 macrumors regular

lego8

Hi people, can you help me diagnose a problem on my iP5? For about a week now, there's been a blotch in the same spot of all my photos. (See attachments -- it's in the top half, center of the images)

I can't tell what's causing the problem. I looked at the lens under a hard light and magnifying glass but couldn't find a single scratch. Is this something that's inside the glass? Something like a dust particle on the inside of the lens? I've read about water causing something like this to happen, but it's been several days now and I doubt the water wouldn't evaporate or move by now, so I don't think it's that.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Attached Files:

2. wxman2003 Suspended

Other people have reported this problem. Your best bet is to return it for an exchange.

3. lego8 thread starter macrumors regular

lego8

Thanks, but I never purchased Apple Care on the phone -- will the accept an exchange?

4. stonyboys macrumors 6502

Yes they will exchange it, you still have the 1 year warranty on it, aka standard Applecare. The thing you didn't purchase is Applecare+, which covers things other than manufacturing defects and software issues.

5. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502