SNL on John McCain

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Sep 21, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

SNL is normally crap, but last week's Palin skit, and now this week's McCain skit are awesome, and true. Kinda sad it takes a sketch comedy show to bring truth to TV, isn't it?

Link to last night's skit

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Parts of it were pretty funny... the Palin one was really good. The McCain one does highlight a broader problem. McCain is mudslinging, I think more than Obama in terms of ads, but Obama campaign reps come on NPR and say fairly malicious things about McCain quite frequently, and they aren't always reasonable or relevant. A big part of the problem is that the culture of campaign workers -- especially the leadership -- is way too full on both sides of the fence of people who, lacking morals themselves, are willing to compromise their candidates morals to get votes. And candidates from neither party have the kind of safeguards that can protect them from these people.

3. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Absolute riot. Kind of went flat at the end and the last "fake ad" was a little too high-brow to complete hit its target, the guy playing McCain wasn't doing a very good caricature of McCain's quirks/delivery. McCain is much more jocular, even if its usually in a nervous-energy, I-want-to-scream-but-I'll-laugh-instead type of way.

~ CB

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns