Snow Leopard 10A394: New in Exposé

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JamesPage, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Mr. Wonderful macrumors 6502a

Minimizing to App icon. Something I really like in Windows 7. Good thing to copy Apple.

These two new features, along with layered stacks, are going to affect and benefit everyday computer use so much in Snow Leopard more than we can imagine.

2. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

that will be very useful

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Can some post a video of the new Minimize feature with the dock actually visible? A video with a "normal size" dock.

I appreciate the OP's video, but the OP's video has the dock too small and truly see the feature.

4. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

All that happens is the window minimizes into the icon. The icon looks exactly the same. I find it kind of confusing if you minimize 2 windows into the dock under the same app. Then, when you try to find them they're gone!

5. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

The minimizing to App icon is straight from Avant Window Navigator..
    I'm not keen on this..

6. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDpZBopzbiY

7. JamesPage thread starter macrumors newbie

I was not trying to show the window minimizing to the app icon. That's the feature itself, but the good thing about it is that when you have minimized windows and invoke Exposé, there is a reserved space (the bottom part) for those windows. That's what I was trying to show in the second video.

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Thank you!

Now, I don't know how I feel about the feature. It would be nice if the icon had the minimized window behind it (like the mock-up below).

Attached Files:

9. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

how does the minimize to icon work if u have multiple apps minimized to a icon? do they all pop up, or does it give u dock expose?

10. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

Clicking will bring up the last one you minimized, holding will bring up exposé with the rest of the minimized ones at the bottom.