Snow Leopard install failed?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by malk17, Jan 8, 2014.

1. malk17 macrumors newbie

So I'm trying to upgrade from 10.5.8 to Snow Leopard. Just bought the install disk, popped it in and everything seemed to be going smoothly. After a few minutes of installing with around 33 minutes left, it froze up. Then it went to another screen that said that the it couldn't install and allowed to me to restart or boot from the HD. i tried it two more times but the same thing happened at the 33 minute mark.

it's a 2008 black mac book, 4 gb of ram, 2.4GHz intel processor, more than 100 gb of free disk space as well.

i've seen this problem posted on other forums, but haven't seen any fixes.

i have the installer crash log but i think its past the character limit so i'm not sure how to post it.

2. malk17 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay so i did a clean install and got working. but i ran into another problem when upgrading from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. now my mac is incredibly slow. it had trouble restarting after the update, but after booting into safemode it starts okay. it is still incredible slow and anytime i open an application like Safari or the app store, they quit unexpectedly right off the bat. i tried repairing disk/permissions from the install disk but then when i restarted, i got the "Stop" sign on the grey screen instead of the logo. restarted again, got in, but still very slow...

what are my options?