Snow Leopard Issue: Exposé + 4 Finger Swipe Occasionally shows Desktop Instead

Discussion in 'macOS' started by midgetsanchez, Aug 24, 2009.

1. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

So I'm very satisfied with snow leopard, but with one qualm: I noticed that apple changed SOMETHING with the way expose works with gestures. Back in leopard, when I swiped four fingers down, it would exposé, and four fingers up = show desktop. However this doesn't appear to be the case in snow leopard. When I swipe four fingers down, it often shows my desktop instead of going into exposé. I have to swipe my fingers up and down a few times to get it to go into exposé correctly. It's really odd and I don't understand why it's doing this. Could it be related to the fact that I have my upper right corner set to show desktop?

2. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

same thing here, you have to give it time i.e

swap up wait 2 sec then swap down I think it's a bug but not sure. Is this what are you referring too?

3. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

in leopard, 4 fingers up = desktop; 4 fingers down is all apps expose

4. Switz213 macrumors 6502

The OP already established that...
    I hope this is quickly fixed.

5. midgetsanchez thread starter macrumors regular

Yup. EXACTLY what i'm talking about. I disabled hot corners and this still happens all the time. I don't get it :/

6. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

I think they did it so you won't accidentally reverse the effects the only thing now i can't show off to windows user with all the effects lol

7. midgetsanchez thread starter macrumors regular

I don't get what you mean. I find this really frustrating/annoying. Expose used to be flawless, now it screws up and shows my desktop instead half the time. Argh, what do I do?

8. StefSSU macrumors regular

I noticed the same issue on my mid 2009 macbook pro, however I discovered that the issue is activated if you do not allow your fingers to leave the trackpad between swipes, for example, if you swipe up for the desktop, keep your fingers on the trackpad, and then swipe down, any further swipe down's will result in the weird issue. Not a solution, but until they update try to exercise those fingers and lift them off the trackpad :D