SNOW LEOPARD SUCKS..my safari occupies half a GB of memory..WTF

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maccuser, Oct 13, 2009.

1. maccuser macrumors member

I switched to snow leopard in the early days..cause i though its a new innovation and all taht crap....but it has a lot of problems

My safari takes up nearly half a gb of my memory,...i kid u not.

I have one of those Aluminum macbooks that became antique and has 2 GB..when i open up the activity monitor i see, i have only 40 megabyte left. wtf is this? u might think that i have alot of pages open, but when i close all but to one yahoo page, it doesnt even correct itself. This is pure crap. It also hangs alot, get the busy ball...

After snow leopard, my office documents takes more time to open..why is that? I compared that with a mac at my schools library which runs leopard with 2.0 process vs mine which is 2.4, that **** opens it up noticable faster?
    anybody knows what i need to do?
    I feel like i need to buy 4 gigs of ram bc of this BS operating system, but i dont wana pay to much money, not more than 50 dollars...anybody knows what are the problems?

2. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I installed SL on launch day and it was okay. I didn't see any major differences but whatever.

I just recently had to reformat and I had to reinstall everything again. funny thing is that I haven't installed SL again and I'm in no hurry to do so.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It's normal in Mac OS X to have little memory free after launching several applications. The reason is that Mac OS X caches information used to launch applications in memory that would otherwise go unused - this makes frequently used apps launch faster the second time around, and all subsequent times.

That said, Safari is known to use a lot of memory, particularly when 10 or more tabs are open. Mac OS X is smart enough to free memory being used for caching if it's needed for applications to use - so I wouldn't worry about this too much.

4. TJMeier macrumors member

I'm pretty certain that you want your RAM to be used and not just dormant. Why would you want your RAM just sitting around being "free"? That doesn't make anything faster if it's not being used!